INDMAS October Meeting NOTE Date and Time

The October meeting will be On Saturday October 21st 2023 and will be held at Modern Aquatix 5508 Elmwood Ave Indianapolis IN 46203

The official meeting will be from 3:30 to 5:30 pm

The October meeting is also the election of officers so all members should plan on attending. Check out the positions below for candidates or to nominate candidates

There will be no sales during the meeting only prior to the meeting.

Hope to see everyone there! Please RSVP 

Our club elections will be at this meeting so we hope to see everyone there!

Nominations for the 2024  board have now officially started club!  Per the INDMAS By-Laws, and in order to have more time to train any new BOD in preparation for the frag swap…the newly nominated positions will now be taking office on November 1st, 2023.

Nominations will remain open until the night before the meeting on October 20th 2023 and voting will take place at the same October monthly meeting (Must be present to vote!!).  If you are interested in running for one of the offices below you can nominate yourself or you may nominate another member.  If another member nominates you, please accept or reject that nomination on this thread! There is no limit to the number of nominations accepted per position.

This is a great opportunity to give back to INDMAS, help assist your local non-for-profit club grow and educate, and to show your reefing pride!

So without further adieu here is the list of open positions and current nominees!

Want to Give Back?

INDMAS is a great reefing community that offers tons of resources for us to keep our piece of the ocean looking at its best.  But all of those resources are carefully and diligently planned out by the volunteers on our Board of Directors.  This year we have a few positions that will be open to take office on November 1st.  These are all one year terms...and the nominations will begin in September.  The officers below have done a great job already for 2023, and

1 Year Terms:

Membership – 

Commerce – 

Education – 

2 Year Terms:

INDMAS Treasurer – currently held by Ben

INDMAS Secretary – currently held by Craig Martin

Responsibilities of the officers is listed here: http://indmas.org/main/index.php/topic/1203-duties-and-responsibilities-of-elected-positions/ 

2024 Frag Swap Commerce Committee

Don't think you have enough time to swing a Staff position?  The INDMAS Frag Swap is a big undertaking and planning for the March 9th 2024 event will start in November.  The Commerce Committee is responsible for helping solicit those awesome raffles that you see near the stage every year!  They are a pivotal position and work directly with the Commerce Chair to ensure a great fundraiser for the club.  How can you help give back to the club and the reefing community?  I'm glad you asked!  Email for more information to see if this is a good fit for you:  [email protected]

Please RSVP Below and consider running for one of the open positions!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the most important meetings that we have as our committee chairs, secretary, and treasurer are up for election.  Please keep in mind that this club only works if people volunteer.  If you have not volunteered yet, please give this some serious consideration.  I can't tell you how much this club has meant to me in regards to my own growth in the hobby through the education that is offered and also the great friendships I have made via the social side of the club at monthly meetings over the past 9 years.  Without people volunteering for committee chairs, officer positions, and staff positions, this club will not be able to continue to exist.  As many of you are already aware, many clubs have already shut down during and since COVID.  I would be extremely disappointed to see our club cease to exist as well.  I have so many great memories of the education topics that have been provided, social interactions at meetings, and trips...locally and nationally.  We have a lot on the plate for next year such as the FRAG Swap, monthly meeting calendar, education topics for the monthly meetings, etc.  Personally, I will continue to support the club's committees and hosting the new member meeting.  

Mike's oldest son, Michael, is getting married next Saturday so I will not be able to make the meeting.

• Like 2

I will not be there as I have a craft fair Saturday, but Alan may. But as Bob said we need to continue with the growth of the club and without everyone we wouldn't have INDMAS. Definitely made many friends on a hobby that my husband has gotten into. So please help INDMAS continue going by volunteering for these positions! We are definitely a one of kind and the best club out there 😉 

I vote for Kyle Miller as membership again! 

• Like 2

Hello, I plan on being at the meeting tomorrow.   

I hope to help make a smooth transition to a new Treasurer this year and see other people step up in person, if not here on the thread tonight yet.  🙃

Don't be afraid, @ddeurloo is a great president to work with, and INDMAS is a very simple financial organization!!

• Like 1