Dogum's 200 Deep Dimension build

dogum99

I think that is under the presumption that if you had a failure somewhere already that your silicone is old and should be replaced. I added silicone to a few spots on the 265 and it adhered nicely. The amount of exposed silicone between the glass really isn't that much. I don't think there will be any issues. I also plan on making larger than normal seams.

• Like 1

773B5ADE-AE4E-419D-BEC3-9D376659B8A6.jpg

Stand back together and final coats of paint. Need to get a 1" bulkhead as the one that came with it from the previous owner he glued pvc into it and the cut it off at the ends..... I had one and 2 of the 4 he didn't. My luck. Hopefully I can get one from Jeremy this weekend. Baby will be here Wednesday. Want to water test on Saturday.

So all new bulkheads are now in. Stress testing till I get all my equipment lol. If anyone (Scott in particular) try this taping is your friend. I'm sure you could get all the siliconing done with a few hands on deck and careful planing if you plan out where your beads are going to be. Smaller tanks would be easy. Really the worst part was removing the old silicone.

Alright I'm looking at equipment. I'm liking this icecap 36" refuge if I can get it in my stand. If not maybe just the sump. Still clueless about return pumps. Always used submersible ones so will most likely stick with one. Any recommendations? Still planning on the Swc-250 unless someone points something out better.

The new icecap sump's look pretty nice. I have really liked all the new DC pump's myself and have been using two jebao pump's for about 2yrs now. Quiet and powerful and fully adjustable, not to mention efficient and pretty reasonable price wise.

Do you have the swc250 already? What pump's are on it, the psk2500 sicce's or an askoll 1500?

I tried to stay in your price range. Anymore there are so many skimmers out there and they are nearly all designed the same way and they are all using the same pump's. So may as well stay on the less expensive side. I have been using a similar skimmer for over a year now and it works great. The only diff I would make in my skimmer selection is I would have went with a smaller one, like the one's I recommended above as my skimmer is overkill and takes up to much space.

These two, skimz, ati, rlss....etc all the same freakin pump's. I would go as far as saying the octo dc and orphec's are all the same.