Aquascaping/Plumbing Help

If anyone wants to come out today/tomorrow to help me out on aquascaping my tank and doing a bit of plumbing it'd be appreciated. I've got a few frags I'd give in trade and if none of them interests you I could always IOU a favor or frag:) My cell is

seven 6 five ------- SEVVEN for eight --------fifty one 0 4

Sorry, just trying to prevent telemarketers/spam to hit my cell.

Made some good progress on plumbing, framing a structure for rock, and getting closed loop designed/glued/and just painted.

Here's shot of rock structure PVC.

IMG_2431_zps164c1235.jpg

Lots of rock drilling in preparation of tomorrow!

IMG_2425_zps173baf41.jpg

Closed loops built around the framing. Just wrapped up the second coat of Krylon Fusion paint around the LocLine so should be set for the morning...

IMG_2436_zps25a4f3ad.jpg

Looks good !! Are you sure that tank is big enough overall Dustin? It only takes up ONE car space in the garage =^P

I'm not sure, the wife has already caught me saying "My next tank I'll do this...." :P I'm thinking two car spaces is better than one, right?

Ahhh, I don't need that....I've some other spaces I could make another big tank work. I've already thought about adding a tank in kitchen that is rimless. We plan on getting granite and extend our island and the wife has already agreed a tank would look great right in the middle that is rimless. All I'd have to buy is the tank and lighting and it's right above my fish room so would be VERY easy to plumb.

Wow that looks like some serious work, making me question whether I should be doing something like that with my new setup. Be interested to see it with rock work to see how it turns out and looks.

Yes, some serious work....I'm getting ready to start once I figure out how to mix this mortar. I'm going to try to do a timelapse video of it coming together. Don't know if I'll post that today as I'm not yet sure how I'll compile it. Pat, what'd you use to compile your timelapse?

time lapse i used the gopro software

http://gopro.com/support/cineform-studio-software-support

uploaded the pics into the converter, one folder at a time, it made them into 33 second clips. you can edit the start and stop time by setting the "in" and "out" on the lower left side of the time bar under the video. then add them to the right side box to be converted. then opened windows movie maker and put all 4 of the short clips into a single movie.

i will say. if you plan on doing it all day, you might want to make the pics every 5 seconds or something like that. with an 8gig card, original HeroHD so 5mp pics, it filled the card in 1.5 hours

I originally set it to 15 seconds this morning....Then modified to 10 seconds and will use that for the remainder of the scaping.

Bill was able to drop by and help for a few hours earlier and GREATLY appreciated. After getting the framing into the tank had to make some modifications so it was not until about 1 or so before rock started going in. Because the zip tie and drilling process is taking so long I might be ~25% the way done. Lost my patience to work on it anymore and will be working on it throughout the week and really hope to have it all finished next Saturday?

Wish I could have been there on this one Dustin. Hope it turns out well. Just think, you're going to have a lot of time at home really soon.

Dang! Just saw this thread. I was off over the weekend and could have come over to help. Sorry Dustin! Did you get it in the tank?

(....hadn't read the end of the thread before I posted this). I'm off a couple of days this week and might be able to help out for a bit if needed.

Edited by lrood

Same here. I just saw this and could have dropped in for at least a bit. You need to just blast everyone with a text/email next time.

You know...that'd be a cool feature, be able to request help...say checkmark particular member names that you know are reasonably close and type a message and then an an email goes out.

Dustin did you get finished with the tank this week

Bill

To be honest, after you came over and helped I worked on it about another hour or so and that was it. Started watching the IU game and then started getting sick with a bug that I got and have since passed to my wife. I'm planning on working on it tonight and all day tomorrow as the wife is working a 12 tomorrow.

Sorry for not seeing some of the responses on here, while I was sick I was not on any computers for about 2+ days (VERY ABNORMAL for me :D) and I failed to subscribe to my own thread!

I've got the camera and laptop still left in place. I'll be kicking it off tonight so I can work on it for a bit and then I hope that over the course of the weekend I can wrap it up. It's an extremely time consuming process drilling/zip tying the rock on but think I'll be really happy with it in the end.

@Bill, I'm considering notching out a couple inches on the left side platform as I'm thinking it's a bit too tall. You were completely right that I'd not have it done Saturday, but even if I was not sick don't think I would have finished it!!!!!

Hopefully this weekend have a lot of this knocked out. I can then hopefully have water running in next week or two so I can start dosing LaCl to pull any phosphates out of the rock before I tie to the rest of the system. Woohooo!

Rock work until NCAA games come on this afternoon, then tomorrow I'll be putting a good amount of time into the system!