New to the Group

AdamC00

My name is Adam and I have had a salt water aquarium for a little over 10 years now. I started my first one in college and it did not go too well. I got back into the hobby after I graduated in 2004 and have had the tank running since then. I have had a couple of crashes where everything died and I had to start over. I moved to a new house back in 2010 and moved my tank with me. It has been running well since I moved as a fish only tank. I decided to get into the reef scene at the beginning of the year. I upgraded my lighting and added more rock and the addiction began! I am currently running a 55 Gallon Tank with small frags. I plan to upgrade the tank to 180 gallons this winter.

I joined this forum to be able to share ideas with local people. I have lurked around on RC for about a year now and found out with so many users, it is hard to decipher all of the information. A lot of people have different opinions about the same topic! I know there are multiple ways to do the same thing, but as a beginner, I was a little overwhelmed with all of the information out there.

I look forward to many discussion with you guys. I am a quick learner and once I get a handle on how things should go, I think I will have some success. Being new to a reef aquarium, I have many questions and not a lot of definitive answers. I live in Carmel and enjoy drinking beer if anyone would like to come by, see my tank and share ideas or suggestions. I do not have a problem with criticism.

Adam

Welcome Adam! I too found RC a little intimidating and found all the info and people to help right here. Keep the questions coming and make sure to show up to a monthly meeting when you can! Look forward to seeing you around...

Brandon

Hi Adam welcome. One thing you will definitely always find is ppls differing opinions on what works.

But they rarely take into account what works on one persons sys doesn't always work on another. There are definitely a few pillars to build on etc. Light flow filtration but your best friend is observation. This will tell all on how your livestock likes the environment it is in.

I live in Carmel too. Maybe we can check out each others setups. I have a very full 75 mixed reef a 34 anemone/coral tank and a 20 acrylic frag tank. And alcohol of one kind or another is always a necessity!

• Like 2