ALK Monitor

Not many people at all have experience with it, but I've heard really good things from those who have. They're brand new to the market so they're crazy expensive. I'm sure once some competition rolls in, prices may fall. 

Even at like $1400 to get it setup, it's tempting to have a constant monitor of alk. 

I'd buy this in a heartbeat if it integrated with controller.  

But wait!  Apex already partnered with Jim Welsh last year after he drew all the attention at MACNA.

https://reefbuilders.com/2016/10/28/automatic-alkalinity-monitoring-and-control-coming-to-apex/#

I'd not be surprised if they launch this at MACNA, I'll be in line there if they do.  As long as it's this price or lower consider it reasonable price considering the investment we put into livestock.  Most volatile parameter we have and the largest risk for a tank crash.

11 hours ago, Dustin1300 said:

I'd buy this in a heartbeat if it integrated with controller.  

But wait!  Apex already partnered with Jim Welsh last year after he drew all the attention at MACNA.

https://reefbuilders.com/2016/10/28/automatic-alkalinity-monitoring-and-control-coming-to-apex/#

I'd not be surprised if they launch this at MACNA, I'll be in line there if they do.  As long as it's this price or lower consider it reasonable price considering the investment we put into livestock.  Most volatile parameter we have and the largest risk for a tank crash.

They have been talking about this for a year now with no new news.  It would be cool if they announced something this year but you would think there would be some chatter about it since last year.

13 hours ago, chac317 said:

Why don't you just pay someone to test your Alk for you I'm sure it would be cheaper? 

In all seriousness though that is an awesome idea but until it gets down to the $100-$200 price range I'm out haha. 

Is that an offer? ;)

• Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 8:29 AM, AdamC00 said:

They have been talking about this for a year now with no new news.  It would be cool if they announced something this year but you would think there would be some chatter about it since last year.

Apex does not put much chatter out there.  Unless you have some good friends with good information from Clarence they'll hold it close to their chest until MACNA.