2009 INDMAS Frag Swap

gallery_679_10_23197.jpg

This year's swap is going to have several new features, but the most exciting of all may be our feature raffle prize.

The feature raffle prize will be a Solana Aquarium provide by Current USA. There are thousands of $$$ of other great prizes* that will also be raffled, as well as a special Door Prize.

Our Sponsors are:

Current USA

Air, Water & Ice

Aqua Cave

AutoTopOff.com

Blue Planet Corals

Coral Magazine

Coral Ranch

Coral Universe

Danner Mfg.

DR Instruments

Drs. Foster & Smith

DT?s

Hamilton Technology

Marc Weiss

MEI Salt

Oceans Blend

Pet Solutions

Phyto2

Premium Aquatics

Red Sea

Reef Geek

Reef Gently

Reef Science

Rod?s Food

Seachem

Tropic Marin

United Pet Group

Buy, sell, and trade frags and win great RAFFLE prizes. The first 120 entrants will also get a goodie bag filled with any combination of samples, promotional items, raffle tickets, magazines, and coupons. A limited number of bags will include special Limited Edition prizes.

There will also be several really nice prizes sponsored by the club.

Admission is $5.00. INDMAS members get in free.

The event will be held at:

The Latvian Community Center

1008 W. 64th Street

Indianapolis, IN

on Saturday April 18, 2009

from 1 to 5 p.m.

*must be present to win

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this is my first year, and I'm sure that there are others who are new, could someone give an idea of what to expect? For instance what types of frags that will be available, average costs or how much money to bring on average. How much additional raffle tickets are etc...

Lots of nice people with nice frags. :)

The type of frags are almost anything. From bread and butter, to rare SPS. Depends who shows up, and who frags what. But there is always a very nice selection.

The raffles are buck a ticket style, and you drop your tickets in the products you want to win.

As far as how much money to bring, as much as you can without loosing shelter, food, or spouse. ;)

Lots of nice people with nice frags. :)

The type of frags are almost anything. From bread and butter, to rare SPS. Depends who shows up, and who frags what. But there is always a very nice selection.

The raffles are buck a ticket style, and you drop your tickets in the products you want to win.

As far as how much money to bring, as much as you can without loosing shelter, food, or spouse. ;)

Just to take it a little further, some spend 10-15 bucks on raffle and just buy straight from hobbyists/vendors.. others drop a few hundred bucks and attempt to win it all!

• 3 weeks later...

The response to this years Frag Swap has been incredible!!!

We're going to have twice the number of vendors and hobbyists selling livestock as we've had in the past! The new facility has wi-fi so vendors can accept your payments via Paypal.

You can buy from some of the best livestock vendors in the midwest including Blue Planet Corals, Coral Ranch, Premium Aquatics and YZ Reef as well as from some of your favorite hobbyist such as coralfarm123, Zeppelin, Scottdl99, and pwoller.

Mark you calendars -- you don't want to miss this!!!!

Way to go Katrina:

woo hoo woo hoo

I bought from Coral Ranch at the Cincinnati frag swap. They had awesome acro colonies for 19 dollars. YZ reef has high end acros and chalices. He is not as cheap but I got a true undata from him and a powder blue stag. It was a great score. BILLY73 put me on the list for some blue millie, It is so big a couple of pieces wont be missed lol. I am looking forward to the frag swap. see all of you there. Mike

The response to this years Frag Swap has been incredible!!!

We're going to have twice the number of vendors and hobbyists selling livestock as we've had in the past! The new facility has wi-fi so vendors can accept your payments via Paypal.

You can buy from some of the best livestock vendors in the midwest including Blue Planet Corals, Coral Ranch, Premium Aquatics and YZ Reef as well as from some of your favorite hobbyist such as coralfarm123, Zeppelin, Scottdl99, billy73 and pwoller.

Mark you calendars -- you don't want to miss this!!!!

Great job Katrina. You've outdone yourself!!

Way to go Katrina:

woo hoo woo hoo

I bought from Coral Ranch at the Cincinnati frag swap. They had awesome acro colonies for 19 dollars. YZ reef has high end acros and chalices. He is not as cheap but I got a true undata from him and a powder blue stag. It was a great score. BILLY73 put me on the list for some blue millie, It is so big a couple of pieces wont be missed lol. I am looking forward to the frag swap. see all of you there. Mike

Billy just moved and lost some sps in the move, so he probably isn't bringing much--if you want something in particular, you probably should call him.

Billy just moved and lost some sps in the move, so he probably isn't bringing much--if you want something in particular, you probably should call him.

Sorry to hear that Billy. I feel your pain. I lost 100% of the SPS in my main tank last Thursday night which was about half of the total tank. I guess we will be buying SPS this year.

Sorry to hear that Billy. I feel your pain. I lost 100% of the SPS in my main tank last Thursday night which was about half of the total tank. I guess we will be buying SPS this year.

WOW -- what happened?

Yeah Ian, what the heck went wrong?