Millipora vs toadstool leather

jlfalin

I can't seem to upload pictures from my phone. Sorry guys. Actually the milli won. The toadstool has no polyp extension in the area that milli was touching. I figured that the milli would have some damage but its perfect this evening with great polyp extension. I will work on the pictures tomorrow. Any pointers for uploading images from my phone.

Thanks Dustin. You can see the area where the milli landed on the leather. There still isn't any polyp extension in that area but I'm pretty sure it will slowly recover. When I found them the milli had lots of white stringy stuff that I could not blow off. I'm assuming that they were the millis stinging polys. I was so worried for the milli but its doing great.

I'm a bit surprised about that but I've not really kept many softies while keeping SPS. Once I got excited about SPS I had moved out of the softy world.

***FYI - Just go to the gallery and choose size of picture. That'll copy direct URL with image and then you choose the picture icon in the reply and copy url there and it'll post to the thread. Give it a try and let us know if you have any problems!

There is a picture of the mili that fell on the toadstool. I have found it hard to position in my tank because it is larger than coral I usually buy. I hope it does well where it is and the position it is in. The coral is currently 2/3 from the sand under an AI sol at 50% white and 70% blue/royal blue.

Not 100% sure. I got it from PA last week and it was a pink/brownish color. It has more pink under my LEDs so I'm hope it is a pink/red when all is said and done. My tank has a ton of green so now I'm looking for red, pink, orange, blue and purple. Ultimately the coral has great polyp extension and looks good so ill be happy with whatever color it is as long as its not brown. :-)