Aquatop water clarifier.

I added 3 packets of aquatop water clarifier to a 93 gal system. A minute after I added it, 2 of my wrasse were sitting at the front of the tank at the bottom looking like they were having trouble. I removed them and put them in a bucket with a bubbler and fresh saltwater. Any idea why the wrasse would act this way?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Tough to say as I can't find any info on the chemicals used in this product. It could have depleted the oxygen in the tank. All i can tell is its binding small organic's together so they can be pulled out by skimmer or mechanical filtration. Not sure what happens if you don't have mechanical filtration or an undersized skimmer or no skimmer. Sometimes its better not to add chemicals to your tank if you don't know what they are. I would never add this to my tank just because you really have no clue what its going to do to your inhabitants. Hopefully your wrasses survive.

I'm with Luke on this. I tried to research what ingredients are in the product and came up short. I would guess O2 depletion but without knowing what was actually put into the tank there's really no way to test or investigate.