RC Gossip (Since we can't do it there)

DensityMan

This one's more nonsense than discussion, but it's also talking about it:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...threadid=741517

Dr. Ron's Blog (he mentions his 'side' of things) can be found at :

http://drrons.blogspot.com/

It does reduce the value of RC, for me, considerably. At least Dr. Roy Caldwell (mantis forums) seems to still be in office.

RC is a great resource but sometimes it a pain to muddle through all the bickering to actually get some good information. I'm sad to see Anthony go. I haven't followed Ron or Eric much. What other forums do people use? I'm a regular at RC and RAG (reefaquariumguide). I'd like to see more post here and would even be willing to help start new discussions as long as it stay reef related and doesn't get all personal.

The day before yesterday The Grim Reefer also left RC - apparently banned for talking smack about some of the college bowl games.

A bunch of people are PO'd because they also pulled his email link in his profile so people are having a hard time contacting him even outside RC.

Here's an idea...

Why can't we get these people registered here on this website and then let some other boards know if they're interested we've got 'em. It could be a great resource for us and a good traffic draw too!

The big three also seem to be working in tandem to form their own Board system now. From reading the blog(s) it is very early in the planning, but I wouldn't expect them to take long in finishing the deal.

They'll be back, just elsewhere.

Meanwhile I find it harder and harder to be interested in any forum other than the Mantis forum on RC. Without the experts, these are just opinion-based discussions without a presiding voice of reason/science (even where one disagrees with some of the dogma, it's better to have structure and credentials instead of any newb ID'ing creatures and coral that can't be ID'd really, but it looks just like the coral on Foster's and Smith so it must be... :roll

There is still some value there. I frequent the zoa area and like to hear from Mucho and some other big posters. I do agree though, without experts it will end up being a place to post pictures and buy/sell stuff. Mods should know better than to tee off the experts. Nothing can replace someone's first hand knowledge that has eat, breathed, learned, and slept with the marine biology topic.

Anthony has been a moderator on his own forum at Reef Frontiers before he had his own forum at RC. We are very glad to have him continue his moderating there.

As per Ron speaking for the club? I don't think we have the $$$$ to pay for him....at least not yet. :)

I'm asking this very nicely, please don't drag the drama here. As one who knows a little bit about Bomber, I suppose Ron would call me one of his lemmings....I would love it if we dropped the drama and got back to reefing. What makes one an expert anyway? I certainly think some folks that have been keeping successful reeftanks for 20+ years expert status. And most of the folks I know in that category would never say they were "experts". I browsed Ron's forum merely from an identification standpoint, as I feel he does have much to offer in the way of invertebrates. I never frequented Anthony or Eric's forums on RC.

• 4 weeks later...