Soooo excited. 2014 honda grom

PatO

124cc manual clutch, street legal, pit bike from honda! Been waiting on this to come to the states for months now. They released them in January for Thailand and last month in Europe as the "MSX125". I was thinking they wouldn't bring them here but they did! Putting my deposit down tomorrow. So stoked.

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/grom.aspx

Comparible to absolutely nothing. Lol. Nothing sold like it in the states currently.

Mini motard is close. All I know is I really like small cc bikes, and this fits the bill perfectly. I've restored a 1970 honds trail 70, but it was difficult to get it street legal, so I sold it. Now I'm currently building a honda chaly (honda mini bike in Japan) that has a 127cc engine that's the same base engine that's in the grom. I know a lot of the ruckus guys are excited about it too.

My old trail

null-29.jpg

My chaly currently being built

null-27.jpg

Why have you been waiting for that when KTM has made the nicest mototard bike out there for a few years?

http://www.ktm.com/us/supermoto/450-smr/highlights.html#.UZWeE6Jyv-0

I've loved every KTM motocross bike I've owned and don't think any other bike can hold a candle to it!

That's thing is huge that's why. Lol. Also not street legal is it? I'm not a racer, I don't need 400+cc's. 50 on a ruckus was ok, but the cvt and suspension were terrible. This thing should be sweet.

Just giving you a hard time. Nice bikes and love the attention to detail, can't say I've ridden many mini bikes but can respect a person's passion for a hobby! Last time I raced a 28 mile hair scramble on a yz450f without wrecking once on tight woods racing...We finished the day and were back at my brother's house for me to wreck a mini-bike and rake my chest across the gravel driveway behind his garage...On something that was around 50cc!

Hahha. Nice. When I get the grom ill let you ride it.

I just have a thing for small bikes/cars. I have a 1976 z50 (50cc dirt bike), the chaly now, I have 2 1972 honda n600's (Hondas first ever production car in the states. 600 cc motorcycle engine, 1200lb minicar), getting the grom, then I daily a little civic hatch and the wife has the "large" car the tsx wagon.

I've previously owned a honda hurricane, a 01 zx6r, then more recently a shadow 600... But I never really found happiness riding them. I really liked the ruckus(s) I've had. They are just so damn slow. Lol. So this little guy should be perfect. ~65mph top speed. Manual. Cheap. Honda reliability.

I'm with you on "normal" street bikes not being that fun or an adrenaline rush. I've got a r6 Raven with 148 hp to the wheel per Dyno and I've not even had my insurance re-enabled for the spring because it does not excite me that much...

Ktm* stupid auto correct.

That's what I hated about the big bikes. To do anything "fun" or "exhilarating" you had to push it real hard, then whatever it was you are doing is now real illegal and if you make a mistake, real deadly. Lol. So not much fun to be had unless breaking the law. Now that I have a son, I'm not looking for anything dying related, so I was doing the ruckus stuff. You can really have fun doing corners at 30. Lol. The ruckus though, you could feel that you can max out the potential of the bike, something I've never felt on bigger bikes. I was the weak link on them. So I think with this it should be all the positives of the ruckus, with added power, clutch, and suspension design. If I can ride this to its full potential I'm sure it will be a blast.

Oh and Dustin. Kim actually has a comparable model that I've been looking at but they've never imported them yet. Europe Thailand Japan. No US love.

That'd be interesting. I can tell you if you've never ridden a KTM, you'd be impressed. Many of their bikes are hard to get in US and when you do order them, could be on a waiting list for months on end.

I had a Honda 50 with collapsible bars, then a Honda 70, then a Honda 125 enduro growing up.

Question: I am looking for a street legal bike that is great off-road, relatively balanced and light, and will also have decent top end speed for the highway - like an adult endruo. Is there anything available?

• 2 weeks later...