budmans led build

Budman

I have started on my build 94 leds on a 125 gal. 3 drilled and tapped heatsinks 8x20.this was a rapidled cree. I am also running a 4 channel dimmer so I will be able to dim white, blue , uv, red and green seperatly. 8 meanwell drivers

pretinning my leds

Led build 001

heat sink with all leds mounted whites are wired, uvs are wired

Led build 006

here are all 3 heat sinks need to finish soldering

Led build 008

this is the pattern I went with

Led build 005

silver are my white, blue are royal blue, light blue are uv, then red and green. I also added moonlight

What issues are you having? I was considering that unit for control as well.

I have them running I just dont like the cheap pots from led group buy. I am going to replace them. all the rapid led stuff is great. reefer82 I am on the west side of Indy if you would like to see them. you will have to excuse my tank I have had some algea problems but the lights are great.

Looks pretty good, ill have to check it out sometime. No days free until Monday probably. I did tank maintenance yesterday along with everything else needing done and we took the girls to the children's museum today so that wiped out all the free time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Just a quick update I have had these lights running since Feb . Some of the corals I have had for years are more colorful now than ever before. There has also been a lot of growth. I had an outbreak in cyno and other algea I think it is from the intensity change and spectrum from halide/VHO/ PC combo to led. I also believe that the algea is because this tank has been set up in the same spot for 17 years old sand and rock and neglect over some of those years. I have been slowly getting rid of this algea and tank is really looking much better.