I need help

dogum99

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bad part is if there is enough copper it can leach itself to the rocks, sand and even the silicon on the glass. At which point getting rid of it can be very difficult.

True that. Bad thing is if you bought used rock or sand and someone treated with copper in the past it can leach out into the water. Anyone know of a place that can test your water to see what is out of whack? Like a comprehensive test.

I found out because it shocked me. I'm kinda dumb but I just stick the back of my hand around each pump and heater and see if I get shocked, just make sure you're grounded or it doesn't work, lol. Are you're fish affected at all?

lol - who says you need test kits ;)

No copper in the water... I guess that is good though. Could vodka dosing have any ill effects that would cause something like this? As for testing the shock way I just cleaned out all my pumps last month and didn't get shocked.

I think I know the root of my problem. I bought a new filter sock and the bubble trap sponge from premium a few weeks ago. I did washed them in the washing machine this time. Maybe that is why my stuff is dying possibly the pad/sock was contaminated again? It is too much of a coincedence now. I will not be buying these items from premium anymore. I emailed them today and my response back was that I might have had something on my hands and contaminated my tank.

I think I know the root of my problem. I bought a new filter sock and the bubble trap sponge from premium a few weeks ago. I did wash them in the washing machine this time. Maybe that is why my stuff is dying possibly the pad/sock was contaminated again? It is too much of a coincedence now. I will not be buying these items from premium anymore. I emailed them today and my response back was that I might have had something on my hands and contaminated my tank.

I feel thats highly unlikely, alot of us use the same products from premium and never had a problem.

I think I know the root of my problem. I bought a new filter sock and the bubble trap sponge from premium a few weeks ago. I did washed them in the washing machine this time. Maybe that is why my stuff is dying possibly the pad/sock was contaminated again? It is too much of a coincedence now. I will not be buying these items from premium anymore. I emailed them today and my response back was that I might have had something on my hands and contaminated my tank.

I assume these were rinsed really well after coming out of the washer?

Yep. I will pay extra for shipping from somewhere else, or just not use any filter media at all.

Unless others are having the same results with the same product then thats not your problem. Did you research the product to see if thats the case? I just dont want you to have the issue persist.

Unless others are having the same results with the same product then thats not your problem. Did you research the product to see if thats the case? I just dont want you to have the issue persist.

So you think its just a big coincidence that it has happened last 2 times I have changed my filter pads out for new ones?

So you think its just a big coincidence that it has happened last 2 times I have changed my filter pads out for new ones?

If your the only one having issues with these pads then yes. If others are then no. I'm just trying to help you find the problem but if your certain its the pads then I could be wrong.

I think I might have missed something here but did you say you had the exact same symptoms a few weeks /months ago when you changed or added filter socks? Did you ever recover fully from that? Now you changed out the socks again only this time you washed them first and same symptoms? I'm certainly no expert but I think you are correct in at least removing the filter media and eliminate that as a source. You mentioned vodka dosing. Are you dosing vodka? again I am no expert but have read where vodka dosing can be tricky. We should have talked about this Saturday. Sorry.