IUFans 180 pics.

IUFan

Here's a few new pics of my tank.

I made a huge error earlier in the summer and lost all of my SPS. - (I was paranoid and obsessed that I had Ich, so I used kick ich, it wiped out every piece of SPS overnight, later after seeing ICh in person (not in my tank) I realized I did not have ich in my tank (triple bummer))

Something is still a miss with the tank, I have tried a few frags of SPS since, and they don't last, and I have spent the last 4 months battling Dino's (major PIA) some how, I think I'm starting to win that battle and it's almost completely gone from my display, I think the route of the problem is in my sump (it's crap). I also tried a few SPS frags recently, 90% made it, but it's only been a few weeks, so we will see.

I also just did a Triton test, so I'm anxious to see if something shows up on that test that could give me some answers to what could be going wrong.

In the mean time, since I haven't been able to collect any corals, I have been collecting some nice rare fish that I've always wanted. Radiant wrasse, mitratus, regal angel, and blue throat trigger.

Here's some updated pics.

14be43c471c7ad89731d64fdf9bb8f40.jpgda3881fff7797a5011b4ac54e505d79c.jpg0cffd4c384c33548ebd438b9ceadd2f5.jpgd7af62833c03a728530f0ad50ca34bee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That test hopefully will give you the answer, and yes Dino is not fun to deal with and very difficult to rid. Good luck with the test and keep us posted on your progress!

Thanks, just got the email notification saying the results are in. Will let you know what I find, and what I think of the triton test.

I have tried a bunch of different things to combat the dinos, no idea what started them, and tbh no idea what's knocking them back. Sort of a mystery.

So here's the test results page. Pretty interesting.

I didn't think PO4 was as low as that, and suspicious that it's exactly at there set point.

Is Si Silicone or silicate? That is a little high, may be a contributing factor to the Dino's?

The I group, no idea what those elements are yet (they should include a chart that shows what element is each symbol?) but those are a bit low, particularly iodine (I'm presuming that's I)

Anything else stand out to you guys?

f30a0ed2fdeea136d39a88f870b1e693.jpg0a28133378f3c8bb9aed37a56d753710.jpg

Sorry for bombarding with shots of stuff lately, just discovered Tapatalk and how easy it is to post pics and videos, so I'm giving it a go.

Having fun with slow-mo, pretty cool watching the shrimp wave its tentacles around. I also think the one shrimp is pregnant, orrrr just really chubby, one of the 2.

Water looks bit cloudy because I just fed.

https://vimeo.com/111930913

Male shrimp

27b21c6fe8a2458c25ef6f3886dcfb8b.jpg

Pregnant shrimp?

6b422828fa03906de0eef234b6e67a8c.jpg

Don't be sorry for posting pics...we all love checking them out lol! The female CB does look preggers...keep us posted on what you see or find out on it! As far as your lab tests go on your water...maybe someone else can chime in on what else may stand out as being abnormal??

Some pics of the gang, colors popped tonight.

I can't tell if my blue throat is male or female, he was sold to me as a male, but I can't see the blue throat?

But I see the yellow on his fins, which I think is a marking for male? Thoughts anyone?

7fbde88e660d5471dae07d424d24221b.jpg5f6a7006b4c384e5db525b823675c1b1.jpgca853cb6586aa5af69f54ebce582bd3a.jpg936ae6344926ea755f5bff340bbb3af5.jpg5de40b99b88222f1e4cb983043c58b1e.jpg

Pics look great! Love the colors of the fish in there. How well do your two flame Angels get along? Hard to tell from the pic on the trigger but does appear to have the yellow marking on the tail so i would lean towards a male also. Maybe the darker throat patch and more distinct yellow on fins will slowly appear in the future?

• Like 1

Thanks man, yeah they were going after the nori sheet so it was an opportune moment for a few pics.

That was my thoughts on the blue throat, he's still pretty young and small so think the colors may develop more.

Got my calcium reactor running this week, had this thing for about 8months but taken me this long to understand it and find time to hook it all up.

The reactor is in my fish closet, made this small acrylic box to catch any spills.

6d7c6f04edc0355d872205110a30e486.jpg

Using a Cole Parmer doser, bought used on eBay, works really well. Also allows me to place the reactor 10' away in the closet, just using 1/4" tube that easily runs through the wall and under the carpet to the tank.

5c9372944dba0f1b95824a1038bfd54f.jpg

The fish closet and the DT.

80af157eee53a93f3aef1855267c1ec6.jpg56ac0a13bd0d0383cd8f703bda493457.jpg

Looking good, I'd bring your Calcium up per the test results but nothing else is that out of whack.

As far as CR, looks great and you'll LOVE that pump...One of my favorite estimates as since it's been in place my Ca/Alk have never been more stable. Make sure you dose the Ca with 2 part to bring to a good level, then get your maintenance dose with the CR.

Thanks Dustin, I remember eyeing your setup up, and that's what helped me better understand how all the equipment worked.

I brought calcium up with 2 part before I started the reactor.

Here's my tests from the last couple of days, I think I'm doing it right, but would love to hear your thoughts, as you have gone through this whole process before.

The dosing pump is set to 40ml/min

3psi

30bpm

Started at 6.70ph and slowly increased the bpm to bring it down day by day. Yesterday after the test I dropped it to 6.43ph and holding steady there now.

November 28th

7.89ALK

405 CA

6.7ph

12.24 Effluent ALK

November 29th

7.89ALK

432 CA

6.55ph

14.5 Effluent ALK

November 30th

8.4 ALK

507 CA

6.43ph

15.0 Effluent ALK

• 3 months later...

Thanks. Yeah it's starting to get too big for my liking. Clowns loving it, like pigs in mud.

Trying to move it back a bit to move it away from my corals. So I've just put a small powerhead to flow directly on it, see if it will take the hint.

I know, I'm lookin forward to seeing how it all looks when the corals grow. I'm so impatient though, every day I'm looking at the little frags trying to make them grow with my eyes haha "grow, grow, grow."

Will keep posting pics.

Lookin' good! How's the pump and CR treating you?

The CA reactor pump you mean?

It's working great! I really love it, haven't touched it other than a shake to get some built up bubbles out the top every now and again.

Alkalinity has stayed pretty stable, Ca been in the correct range but been a bit up and down, whilst in that range.

Here's some of the graphs for Ca & Alk.

ad2a8c2cafe462613a9fcf1fc96f4269.jpgc74c39211dbf1bd5fba0ab3eeef95e77.jpg

I just actually turned up the gas, PH has been steady at 7.4 but going to try and lower that, see if I can keep Alk a bit higher.

Dustin, do you get a kind of algae build up in the lines between the reactor and the tank?

I think I may have to take it offline and run some vinegar through the lines at some stage.

I don't notice that I get any buildup, I actually use black/blue/orange RO/DI lines so they don't get light. Usually if it does not get light you don't get algae but I still have replaced the lines about once a year just because of buildup from the effluent.

Thanks for the screenshots, had not realized Neptune put a logging tab on Fusion. Just logged in and sure enough they show up!

Not to get off subject but in Fusion can you update configs? Mine always fails when it tries to send the update and I just end up logging into the actual Apex interface...

67ad6419419613caa00ca84375b95cde.jpg

My BTA was getting too close to my corals for my liking.

So tried to move with a powerhead flowing directly on him.

That didn't work. So just broke off the rock he was on and rotated it on its side. Like the result, gives me more space between him and my corals. And actually shelters him more from my pumps direct flow.

b7567cc64dbcd335ff75107e8eba59be.jpgc0123613dcc363f54c4a0b35296fda81.jpg