question about qt tank

Damon

I've heard raising temp only works on freshwater ich. You could fill the pool halfway at regular salinity and then add fish. Slowly keep topping with more freshwater so it would be a gradual change. You can drop the salinity kind of quick but when you are ready to bring salinity back up, it's best to do it slower.

its still filling now, only about 3 inches deep, so when i go get my heater and salt from premium im going to get it to temp then add fish either tonight or tomorrow morning. then fill it up to the 12" mark while adding fresh to get hypo set

well got the heat up at 79 to start and had 6 inches deep water, and salintity at 1.020 to start and caught 2 fish(cowfish and yellow tang. they were definitely in ich. and within seconds of getting them into a specimen container they died. they were having a hell of a time breathing, and were stressed bad. so ive halted the qt tank since i wont purposely stress my fish anymore and let them die. so i got garlic and selcon and will try to let them fight it off hopefully, and if they start looking better i will snag them and try qt again. but the wierd thing is my corals have never looked so good, full opena nd happy

yeah they never even hit the water. i had caught them in a specimen container and within the 10ft walk they were belly up

That sounds awefully strange. Were they gassed from you catching them? Was there something else in the container? I've freshwater dipped sick fish and thought they would die but they didn't. More details.

they were looking pretty bad before i went to catch them. the cowfish was barely hanging on, and the tang was just hanging out in the corner. all the rest are still swimming and the spots are starting to subside a little. so ill try to get them today. but the 2 that died looked like they would have went even if i hadent gotten them out

they were looking pretty bad before i went to catch them. the cowfish was barely hanging on, and the tang was just hanging out in the corner. all the rest are still swimming and the spots are starting to subside a little. so ill try to get them today. but the 2 that died looked like they would have went even if i hadent gotten them out

This is from liveaquaria.com

Similar to other boxfish, the Cowfish Longhorn's skin is poisonous and, when threatened, it will release a toxin lethal to other tank members, including other Longhorns.

Were they in the same container?