What type of anemone?

IMG_0387.jpg

Zoanthids?

IMG_0388.jpg

Tree something?

IMG_0389.jpg

Zoanthids? Particular type?

IMG_0390.jpg

I believe these are anemones, not zoanthids? Am I wrong? What type? Good or Bad?

IMG_0391.jpg

Sponge? I have black slimy ones like this too.

IMG_0392.jpg

On the right those are Pulsating Xenia, what are the guys on the left?

Tank View:

IMG_0367.jpg

Also, I have small, whitish/light blue starfish taking over. Any ideas?

pic 3 looks like a kenya tree. pic 4 are buttons. pic 7 might be anthelia. I have a couple of those starfish too. I have read that they can become a pest but forget their name. If they get out of hand, i'll take them for a puffer snack:) Do they look like this?

gallery_1195_115_175867.jpg

pic 3 looks like a kenya tree. pic 4 are buttons. pic 7 might be anthelia. I have a couple of those starfish too. I have read that they can become a pest but forget their name. If they get out of hand, i'll take them for a puffer snack:) Do they look like this?

gallery_1195_115_175867.jpg

Yep they look just like that!

Those stars are Asterina starfish. I thought they were beneficial detritus eaters until I caught them snacking on PPE frags and my blue zoos! Since the first time I caught them they won't stop. I'm constantly in there with the turkey baster. The best cure for them is a harlequin shrimp, which is an awesome looking shrimp that only eats stars. If you get one be prepared to either supply it with stars to feed off of or give/sell/trade it to someone later. I had one that was killed mysteriously, but it always had an asterina on it's skewer snacking away. Those stars multiply like crazy too. I plan on getting one or two more to take down the population again.

Those stars are Asterina starfish. I thought they were beneficial detritus eaters until I caught them snacking on PPE frags and my blue zoos! Since the first time I caught them they won't stop. I'm constantly in there with the turkey baster. The best cure for them is a harlequin shrimp, which is an awesome looking shrimp that only eats stars. If you get one be prepared to either supply it with stars to feed off of or give/sell/trade it to someone later. I had one that was killed mysteriously, but it always had an asterina on it's skewer snacking away. Those stars multiply like crazy too. I plan on getting one or two more to take down the population again.

I assume they will eat larger starfish too?

I assume they will eat larger starfish too?

Yes, except they never go after brittle stars. I have two brittles and he never went near them. I guess they don't have what the shrimp are looking for. They're too fast too. The shrimp will take the big stars and slowly eat them, even feeding them to keep them alive longer. I checked out some videos on youtube and it was amazing.

Yes, except they never go after brittle stars. I have two brittles and he never went near them. I guess they don't have what the shrimp are looking for. They're too fast too. The shrimp will take the big stars and slowly eat them, even feeding them to keep them alive longer. I checked out some videos on youtube and it was amazing.

that's crazy! I like starfish, so I guess no harlequin shrimp for me!