Just ordered my new prize piece!

Atomic

Ive always thought that the best looking tanks have lots of blues, reds and yellows. Yellows can be accomplished easy with sun corals, leathers, Zoos and other easy to find corals. Reds are a little harder to get but can still be found in Acans, open brains, Millies and a few others. its been my opinion that blue has always been the hardest color to add to the tank. For this reason I will be getting in my new medium bright blue gigantea carpet anemone on Tuesday. Does anyone have experience with these? Ive done a ton of research in the past few months but incase I run into any problems, it would be nice to have someone to get ahold of. Ive got the perfect

I also think im getting a new SLR camera for Christmas from my GF, so ill have really good pictures of the tank to post!!!

I have tried a red, blue, purple,electric green and blue/green.

They all looked awesome when I bought them. They were good and sticky and no loss of color or tears in the foot at first except the blue.

I ended up losing all of them, I tried shading them changing bulbs water temp and water flow.

Basically none of them ever found a spot they really liked and would stay in except the green.

I honestly have no idea why the decided to bleach or melt. They all made it at least a month except the green he is kicking just bleached.

Now when i started on this magical mystery trip with them I did all the updated reading and home work.

Now don't be discouraged by any of my writing above! I have seen /sold just about every color working at a pet shop in high school.....

Now the f*** u* part is I sold several to customers back in the day.(credit card college kids or business men and women that didn't care)

Most had no business buying them let alone trying to keep them in setups that shouldn't support them.

Basically burger flipper experienced, preschool or worse reefers that keep them for years with no problems!!!!

So good luck and cheers to your new nem!!!!!

JUST FOR SOME REASON THEY DIDNT LIKE ME :mad:

A few questions for you Bill, Does yours move around alot? Ive got a perfect place on the bottom of the tank, right next to a few rocks but still where it can bury its foot. Im hoping that it will stay put and not move too much. Also have you had any problems with yours eating other fish. Reef Central is full of people who only post when they have a problem and I dont get to hear about the many success stories with carpet anemomes. Also what do you feed yours? Some people say silversides, others say NO to silversides and feed rods reef and such.

Thanks

Ross

I hope you have good luck with it... I searched for a haddoni for approximately a year and a half before I purchased mine from a reefer that didn't want theirs anymore. I traveled all the way to Kentucky and brought it back in a 5 gallon bucket (approximately a 6 hour drive round trip). I've now had it for over a year now. Mine found a spot in the sand by a rock and buried its all the way down to the glass at the bottom. It eats just about anything that falls into it including snails... they go in and all you see come out is the shell.

bluecarpet.jpg

this picture was taken when it was in my lower sump while I was getting its tank ready.

Well its in the tank and everything looks good so far. Its sticky and the mouth is closed. I was told those are the 2 best indicator of a healthy Carpet anemone.

Great carpet MillerP!!!! Mine doesnt have the coloring yet (its a sky blue color)and is still about the size of a softball. I look forward to it looking like yours.

Pictures coming soon!!!

Both look awsome!!! Atomic yours is a little bleached but with luck all his color will come back since he looks patchy..

As for getting stung or your hand stuck to it..... If you hold still long enough with out pulling away they wil usually let go.

DO NOT PULL AWAY it will think you are a fish strugling and it will only make things worse!!!

Both look awsome!!! Atomic yours is a little bleached but with luck all his color will come back since he looks patchy..

As for getting stung or your hand stuck to it..... If you hold still long enough with out pulling away they wil usually let go.

DO NOT PULL AWAY it will think you are a fish strugling and it will only make things worse!!!

Mine was really sticky when i first got it. I had to wait for a few min before it let go of my hand. So far its looking as good as i could expect. The mouth is only open when the clownfish decide to stick there head in the mouth.... Is this normal? Are the clown fish trying to feed it? I know clown fish do feed anemones but i always figured it was something where they feed the anemone as soon as they get the food in their mouth. Then swim over and place it in the anemone. These clownfish seem to dive into the anemones mouth about a half hour after i fed the tank. almost like they are throwing up in the anemone....

Everything is going great so far. Its coloring up a it and getting bigger every day. I have fed it twice and both times it took all the food. I has moved out of the heavy flow so im going to change my powerheads a bit to keep it front and center of the tank.