Looking for input on the 650 woody

BigReef

As a few of you know (but most don't) I've been slowly building, tearing down, rebuilding my fishroom. In the process I've also been working on a 96x48x32 650 gallon plywood tank. Well, the fishroom is pretty much done and the tank is ready for the epoxy. I figured I'd better get some input on a couple things.

Returns - I have several options. Panworld 200 ps powering eductors

Reeflo Hammerhead returning thru 4 Sea Swirls

Reeflo Dart x 2 returning thru 4 Sea Swirls

Which option do you guys like? Or is there a better option?

Flow in the tank- Closed loop w/Panworld 200/eductors

Closed loop w/Reeflo Hammerhead/Sea Swirls

Closed loop w/Reeflo Darts/Sea Swirls

Wave boxes built into each end of the tank

Tunze Streams attached to the Sea Swirls

Which option(s) do you like? Or is there a better option?

Awaiting your responses

Tim

As a few of you know (but most don't) I've been slowly building, tearing down, rebuilding my fishroom. In the process I've also been working on a 96x48x32 650 gallon plywood tank. Well, the fishroom is pretty much done and the tank is ready for the epoxy. I figured I'd better get some input on a couple things.

Returns - I have several options. Panworld 200 ps powering eductors

Reeflo Hammerhead returning thru 4 Sea Swirls

Reeflo Dart x 2 returning thru 4 Sea Swirls

Which option do you guys like? Or is there a better option?

Flow in the tank- Closed loop w/Panworld 200/eductors

Closed loop w/Reeflo Hammerhead/Sea Swirls

Closed loop w/Reeflo Darts/Sea Swirls

Wave boxes built into each end of the tank

Tunze Streams attached to the Sea Swirls

Which option(s) do you like? Or is there a better option?

Awaiting your responses

Tim

I wish I could help you but I couldn't afford the water changes on that tank. I do have an opinion on flow though. I would use vortechs. Lots of them!

Hmm, interesting idea. Would they work on a plywood tank that is almost an inch thick?

Doubtful. EcoTech's website lists the max tank thickness for the MP20 and MP40w at 3/4", and I'm willing to bet this is assuming a glass tank. I would imagine that the magnetic force would be futher reduced by the difference in material (glass vs. wood).

Although I spoke with Joe Yaiullo back in the spring, he devised a wave device that REALLY pushed some water and it was dirty cheap to set up... I will dig around and see if I can find the link. He basically used a mag drive and manufactured a long rod that pivoted 90 degrees and had a small prop on it, and then wired it to a timing device. Then he learned he had to house it in pvc with nylon screening to prevent fish from becoming chum.

do the mp40w's only work up to 3/4"? or do they go to 1"?? Might be going tunze, with a couple of waveboxes!

That's kind of what I was thinking.

It would be easier to integrate the waveboxes into the tank before I apply the epoxy. If down the road I decided I don't like them, I could always turn them into pod havens filled with chaeto.

Although I spoke with Joe Yaiullo back in the spring, he devised a wave device that REALLY pushed some water and it was dirty cheap to set up... I will dig around and see if I can find the link. He basically used a mag drive and manufactured a long rod that pivoted 90 degrees and had a small prop on it, and then wired it to a timing device. Then he learned he had to house it in pvc with nylon screening to prevent fish from becoming chum.
I'm anxious to hear more about this! Isn't he the guy who built and maintains Atlantis Marine World?