Its Finally Here!

Well the tank was delivered today and I am super excited. For those that don't know the story, I ordered a tank last October, it arrived damaged a couple of months ago and had to be replaced. Well it got here this afternoon in one piece. Wohoo! Now for the plumming.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the tank was delivered today and I am super excited. For those that don't know the story, I ordered a tank last October, it arrived damaged a couple of months ago and had to be replaced. Well it got here this afternoon in one piece. Wohoo! Now for the plumming.

Woohoo!!

Where's the :sign05: ????

Willy if you can beleive it, I'm already going to mod it. I can't stand the eggcrate overflow. I don't know why they would put all theat time into making a tank like this and then use eggcrate for part of the overflow. Its a simple mod, I am going to use some black acrylic and route out the teeth, then attach it to the top of the glass overflow box. Got a router?

Looks like a nice build, what are you plans for lighting it?

I already have the Maristar 250x2 MH and 2x54 T5 fixture hung and ready to go. I really like the fixture but it heats up the room that the tank will be in pretty quickly. I am trying to minimize the heat in the tank by limiting the pumps that are actually in the tank and sump to two. The return and the skimmer pump. My circulation will be provided by Vortech pumps.

I've got a router if you need one. If you use a router though you will need a template to go off of. When I built my overflows I just used a table saw and then flame polished the edges.

I dont suppose you have a picture of the overflow do you?

I tryed to tell him that I wanted something differant, even sent pictures of what I was looking for. Finally I just gave up. In hind site I would of had them drill the tank and then I could of bought a overflow box from someone else. I was told that the glass part was not transparent, clearly it is. Oh well, I think I am satisfied with how it turned out.

gallery_714_36_44950.jpg