Catching Fish

AdamC00

I have 2 fish I cannot catch in my tank. I have tried netting them and using a fish trap. One is a Anthia and the other is a Blenny. The Blenny will not come anywhere close to the fish trap and hides under rocks the entire time it is even in the tank. The Anthia will go up to the trap but will not go inside of it to eat. I have even withheld food from the tank for a couple of days to try to force her hand. When the net goes into the tank you don't see the fish for at least 15 minutes after you take it back out. I DO NOT want to have to remove most of my rock to catch these last 2 fish. Any other suggestions would be great!!

What kind of trap are you using? Sometimes you have to leave the fish trap in the tank for several days so the fish become use to it first. Then feed only in the trap. Sooner or later the fish will usually go in. The blenny may be more difficult.

I saw a great video on YouTube the other day catching fish. Said to feed fish with net for 1 week, after that they will become used to net and swim right in! Was pretty crazy but it appeared to work quite great and better than any other trap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I saw a great video on YouTube the other day catching fish. Said to feed fish with net for 1 week, after that they will become used to net and swim right in! Was pretty crazy but it appeared to work quite great and better than any other trap

This does work. I had a starry blenny, flame angel, and six line that would swim directly into the net when it went into the water. It took a couple weeks of sticking to feeding in the net though. It got to the point where my starry would just sit in my hand if I reached into the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 2