QT and Copper question - Fallout from Ich outbreak

Hah. This is spot on for sure! Quote of the year.

I thought I might stir the pot a bit. Surprised no one got mad at me :huh:

Dammit, I definitely did the wrong thing then! Ah well I am on the course now. If I put him back in the DT now he'll only get more stressed.

I haven't added copper, but I have QT'd him and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

I wouldn't treat with anything if you get the spots to go away with proper feeding and care. Lots of articles out there show how hard copper is for fish to handle. I mean many pull through just fine but my experience has been poor. I see my fish weaker post-treatment and thus more susceptible to ich.

I just accept that it's in my tank, and add a new fish every 6 months or so without qt guaranteeing i introduce more ich and a new strain. They NEVER show signs (except rarely the new addition will) and everyone lives long prosperous lives. My logic regarding this is that they maintain a good immunity to it. Even tough to keep fish, like I kept an OLD (bought from friend) Red Coris Wrasse for two years until he died without symptom... RedCorisWrasse3.jpg

and I keep other very difficult fish such as Potters Angels. I currently have two hardy as heck. I can't be screwing up that bad...