Help with Apex Code

jlfalin

So I am reprogramming my Apex for my 180 and I am having some issues. I have not used the apex except for top-off in about 6 months. Well today I tried to program the apex to control my heater and it will not accept the statement. Even if I let the apex write the code itself it keeps giving an error. Here is the code.

Fallback OFF

If Temp < 77.0 then ON

If Temp > 78.0 then OFF

The error that the Apex is giving is:

\\ Error: Valid keywords following If are Temp, pH, ORP, DO, Cond, Feed Cycle, SwitchX, PowerFail, Sun, or Moon //Error: line 2 - If Temp <77.0 Then ON

Not really sure what's wrong. I was okay at writing code before and this should work right??

Funny thing is if I put the statement Set ON or Set OFF in the code then it accepts it no problem. I have no idea what's going on with my controller.

Also, if your heaters have a controller on them...It's a good idea to set fallback to ON on one of the heaters so when your brain dies, your tank won't plummet in temperature. I usually run my tank at 78.5-79 and set the heater controller to 80. Then one of the three heaters can kick on if loses contact with brain and temperature just goes up one degree instead of possibly dropping 5-10 degrees.

I tried the heater option and it still gave me the error when the apex wrote the code. As for the point and click option I think you are running a different version of OS for the apex. I have not updated the firmware since I purchased the Apex a year ago.

Also, good idea on the fallback on. I will be sure to set my other smaller heater up that way so that I do not have a huge problem which the Apex fails. That's the bad thing about this hobby, if something like the apex fails, then huge problems can occur and you can lose a ton of $ in a hurry.

Yup. I checked the prob title and made sure the two matches including case. Is there a reset function. Right now I am using it for temperature control and top off. I am slow reprogramming it to do all the things I want but I don't mind to completely reset it. Also, I figured I would update the firmware tonight and give that a try. Might as well update while it's not working right. Haha

OK so something is up because I have been attempting to program my dosing pumps all morning and the OSC function is not working right as well. It accepts the code it just never flips the pumps on. Here is the code for calcium and alkalinity respectively.

Fallback OFF

OSC 000:00/001:00/119:00 Then ON

Fallback OFF

OSC 060:00/001:00/059:00 Then ON

My question is why won't the pumps kick on and dose. I have been watching all morning and they do not turn on. The calcium should start as soon as I flip the switch to auto correct?

As far as the temperature goes, I didn't change anything I just deleted the text "Temp" and retyped the word Temp and it worked so I don't know what was up but it's fixed now and working as it should.

I think you were using a cached value and had used the wrong case originally. The apex can be funny about values and I'd just clear your browser cache if you have the problem again. I've noticed putting in a new value and it going back to old, after clearing out cache it worked. Can't wait for a better controller to be developed....Apex is such archaic hardware.

Thanks for the idea of clearing the browser cache. I will do that if I have problems again. That may have actually been what helped after I put the new firmware on there because I reset the cache so that may have been the fix after I retyped the temp.

As for the OSC it works great now. I guess I had not educated myself about the true function of OSC so I was expecting different results that were not happening. I have now watched 3 separate dosing episodes and they occur without a problem. Now just to do q2day parameter checks until I get the Ca and Alk dialed in.