AI Director

jlfalin

Well if I were to describe this product in one word right now it would be "crap". This is one of the worst reef purchases I have ever made. I can't even get the time set. It resets every time the screen changes even if I hit the save button. Additionally it keeps resetting the program and will not run the program accurately. Right now I am very disappointed. I hope I can get this fixed soon or hopefully this is a system glitch and they do a firmware update soon.

I can't find how to update the firmware though. I have read that it is automatic. I have had it on for more than 24 hours but it still works poorly. I am continuing to play with it but so far I am unimpressed. I am nervous about the device communicating the program to the lights. I like the Atlantik idea where the program is stored in the light itself so there is one less step to fail. I just don't want the failure of a poorly put together piece of equipment to either starve or fry my livestock.

I can't find how to update the firmware though. I have read that it is automatic. I have had it on for more than 24 hours but it still works poorly. I am continuing to play with it but so far I am unimpressed. I am nervous about the device communicating the program to the lights. I like the Atlantik idea where the program is stored in the light itself so there is one less step to fail. I just don't want the failure of a poorly put together piece of equipment to either starve or fry my livestock.

Completely understand and one of the problems in adding technology to the reef hobby. We are a fairly small market in the grand scheme of things and limited R&D funds.

I guess I need to start saving for the new Atlantik fixtures... I was between the v1 and the hydra 52 but I think I am starting to lean towards the Atlantik v2. I guess we will see how things go from here. I wanted to stay with the AI brand since I have 3 sol blues but this product has lowered my faith in the company.

Yeah I am surprised that Ai released the product when many people have the same complaints I have. They should have worked out the major bugs prior to release. I would rather wait another month or two and love the product instead of where I am now.

Yeah, if I remember correctly the Vega had a lot of issues out of the gate but months later the big issues were worked out with FW releases.

Yeah. I just did a firmware update and it does work a little better but still not impressed. I am testing it in my nano light to make sure it works well. If I get a week or two with no issues I will consider putting it on my tank. We will see but I will post updates as I use it more.

Well if I were to describe this product in one word right now it would be "crap". This is one of the worst reef purchases I have ever made. I can't even get the time set. It resets every time the screen changes even if I hit the save button. Additionally it keeps resetting the program and will not run the program accurately. Right now I am very disappointed. I hope I can get this fixed soon or hopefully this is a system glitch and they do a firmware update soon.

There is a very long thread on RC that may help you. I was a beta tester. I never even set it up because there were so many issues and I didn't want to devote that much time to it. I sold mine, but there are some people that are using it and happy with it.

Well I have been playing with the AI Director a little and have had it running for one week now and I am a little happier with my purchase. With two firmware updates the device now runs great. I have had no more problems with the time resetting like I did in the beginning and it is storing programs just fine. I have not tried the regional setting, the clouds or the storm feature but I am guessing they work great. Just wanted to update everyone and let them know that the firmware updates helped a lot. I originally purchased the device so I could expand to the other AI lamps and have easy programing options. It now does that very well so I am now happy with my purchase. I am not really in to all the extra bells and wistles but I am sure I will use the acclimation feature with new coral additions.