SpectraPure Dual Chamber Media Reactor Opinions

JWags911SC

Does anyone have any opinions/experience with this unit? I saw it was designed as downflow for carbon media, upflow for GFO, seems like a better design out of the box than the one offered by BRS. Thinking of getting this for a one-stop shop for bulk media. Does anyone have it or have any opinions? Thanks!

It would definitely be what I would purchase if I was in the market for a dual reactor. I owned the BRS model and it was horrible at trying to get the GFO to fluidize without doing the same to the GAC. The sponges would move and eventually allow the GAC to tumble. I ended up selling and buying 2 separate reactors. But, had the Spectrapure unit been available, I would have bought it. Even though it has one input you can adjust the output of each reactor to adjust flow as needed for each.

I went to Menards and bought a tee and some nipples and a couple of ball valves and longer mounting screws to make it work. I turned 1 canister around so both inputs were in the middle and put the tee there. Reuse the John Guest Elbow from the input for the new output.

IMG_09781_zpse0a4f606.jpg

IMG_09791_zps91c9553b.jpg

IMG_09771_zpsba755d17.jpg

Had to move both canister out to fit tee in middle so only using 2 screws per canister to hold them on to top bracket. Also had to put a washer on each screw in between the top bracket and canisters too add spacing for the taller tee.

IMG_09761_zps76193398.jpg

If you already have a BRS, it would make sense to mod it. If not, the Spectrapure is the better option.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

That's exactly what I was thinking, I think by the time I bought a BRS and bought parts to mod it, I would have close the the $75 that the SpectraPure model is going for. Got to add it to the shopping list, this list keeps growing...