Korila 750's with low output

jrcsh6

I remember seeing the cleaner on from that video but think it's more snake oil The vinegar does a great job and I soak all my pumps/wetsides in it every few months (Just did this past week) and scrub and I'm good. The impeller probably is covered and is slowing down a lot.

Alrighty... Did the Magi Klean. As the guy in the video found it does a nice job. Better than the vinegar I've done before but the end result is probably the same. regardless. These pumps still don't gush water like i'd hoped. Maybe i'm expecting too much? When placed in a bucket for example about half way down there are just small ripples at the surface, is this right? I'd have thought I'd get some turbulence.

I'm going clean the magnums i have in the tank already and change one to the Algea Sure Flow magnet and impeller. Apparently its a pretty good upgrade of flow.

Koralias have a much different flow pattern than something like the MJ900 so it's hard to compare apples to oranges.

I'm sure each manufacturer uses different lab equipment to determine values too so it could just not be putting out as much flow as advertised. You'll have to let us know about your mods!

Yeah....Makes me think more and more about the DC pumps.

Cobalt just released some info about a DC pump they'll have and is controllable. Hopefully another controllable pump on the market that can help drive more competition between Tunze and EcoTech.

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/02/20/neoflow-pump-cobalt-aquatics/

Hey one thing with those hydor koralia pumps. Make sure you have the plug plugged in the right way. If you plug them in backwards they will flow backwards. Meaning water will flow in where is susposed to flow and out. Most plugs have a single larger prong to prevent reversing the polarity, but the plugs for my koralias don't

Ill second the electrical issues. I was testing a k1 out awhile back in the sink and it lit me up like a christmas tree. Easily the worst shock I've ever had. I had never had an electrical issue w any aquarium related equipment before but now I know better.

Ill second the electrical issues. I was testing a k1 out awhile back in the sink and it lit me up like a christmas tree. Easily the worst shock I've ever had. I had never had an electrical issue w any aquarium related equipment before but now I know better.

Get shocked by a heater...That k1 was nothing!

(Actually don't try it, that might have taken a year off my life and all I was trying to do was QT a tang that had ICH :lol: )