ReefCleaners Group Buy

Guest Willy

I've never heard that before but it does make sense for those animals. Surprising that's the same for shrimp though as asked down further on the page.

I guess its probably because I have never ordered online before and the longest I've ever had something in a bag is a couple hrs so it was a non issue w dripping. I did a 90min drip with an rbta the other night and its looking great.

Btw I was out all day and never had a chance to mess with the order so I missed out on this one. It wasn't going to be much anyway as I was just getting things for my 5gal since I decided to buy a 90RR on Tuesday I was holding off for a bigger future purchase.

Even without dripping tank water, the minute you open a bag that has shipped overnight you release CO2 out of the bag. This CO2 has dropped the pH of the bag water safely below neutral. CO2 and water combine for carbonic acid. this is an ally for our bagged friends. As the pH drops, toxic ammonia converts to nontoxic ammonium. But converts back to ammonia when the bag is opened and the CO2 releases into the atmosphere. That is why he is explaining the methods in his guide. I imagine most of the animals shipped with just be with moist paper, which makes for an easy temperature acclimation. I, personally, still drip acclimate any fully submersed aquatic life, but I always at least check bag temp and salinity before I start.

I am a little leary that most of these species he is sending are intertidal... will have to watch for any potential escapees!