Holster Advice?

JokerGirl

My favorite carry is a sig p229 .357. Love that round. I use a paddle holster mostly because I am a fat, middle aged balding guy and never found an IWB that fit under my muffin top without feeling like I needed stiches when walking back to Mcdonalds because they forgot my freakin fries in the drivethru. But found the shock factor of carrying open always gets that free apple pie, thus furthering the need for an OWB. But I have found with the OWB that you can heat the paddle and mold it to every disgusting lump to make the fit extremely comfy. The leather holster that you heat slightly also help fit the gun very well making it easy to pull when needed, but also holds the gun really well to the point of being able to hang upside down from a tree and it not slip at all. (explanation for the tree better left for another post). I do, at times, also carry a 44 super red hawk that I use a paddle very close the same but it is not leather, with a hammer strap. also very comfy for that size gun but not very concealable.

In the winter time I generally carry a double shoulder harness with the sig and a S&W 45 and have found that to be most comfortable because generally I have tools hanging off my belts.

By the way my part time business is repairing and maintaining foreclosed and hud houses and, from experience, you just never know what you are going to run in to :0. I am not really a dooms day preper...and dont believe we are going to have a zombie apocolypse. I just have been collecting guns for awhile. This club is what broke me of my sickness :) Thanks INDMAS!

Sorry for the long descriptive post, just trying to catch up since I have missed some days here and there.

Well I can honestly say this club has fueled my desire to get a handgun... My wife's not very happy with you folks! Seriously though, I deliver dumpsters all over indy for a company out by Plainfield, and some of the areas I have to be out working in are not exactly what I would call ideal. I've never really had a problem, but I have a fancy work phone I have to keep on me and lots of tools in my truck, so if somebody wanted to be a butthead, well I'd at least like a fighting chance...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Dustin1300" data-cid="69383" data-time="1359249857"><p>

Well, don't go to Gander Mtn. I've never seen the stock so low!</p></blockquote>

From what I've seen online, their prices are pretty high to. I've been reading that a sw40ve is around the $300 range, their price is almost $500! I think I'm going to check out the shop in avon, going to look at gander tomorrow in terre haute and stop by inland to drool on the tanks...

Well I can honestly say this club has fueled my desire to get a handgun... My wife's not very happy with you folks! Seriously though, I deliver dumpsters all over indy for a company out by Plainfield, and some of the areas I have to be out working in are not exactly what I would call ideal. I've never really had a problem, but I have a fancy work phone I have to keep on me and lots of tools in my truck, so if somebody wanted to be a butthead, well I'd at least like a fighting chance...

Blame it on Erin:-D

My favorite carry is a sig p229 .357. Love that round. I use a paddle holster mostly because I am a fat, middle aged balding guy and never found an IWB that fit under my muffin top without feeling like I needed stiches when walking back to Mcdonalds because they forgot my freakin fries in the drivethru. But found the shock factor of carrying open always gets that free apple pie, thus furthering the need for an OWB. But I have found with the OWB that you can heat the paddle and mold it to every disgusting lump to make the fit extremely comfy. The leather holster that you heat slightly also help fit the gun very well making it easy to pull when needed, but also holds the gun really well to the point of being able to hang upside down from a tree and it not slip at all. (explanation for the tree better left for another post). I do, at times, also carry a 44 super red hawk that I use a paddle very close the same but it is not leather, with a hammer strap. also very comfy for that size gun but not very concealable.

In the winter time I generally carry a double shoulder harness with the sig and a S&W 45 and have found that to be most comfortable because generally I have tools hanging off my belts.

By the way my part time business is repairing and maintaining foreclosed and hud houses and, from experience, you just never know what you are going to run in to :0. I am not really a dooms day preper...and dont believe we are going to have a zombie apocolypse. I just have been collecting guns for awhile. This club is what broke me of my sickness :) Thanks INDMAS!

Sorry for the long descriptive post, just trying to catch up since I have missed some days here and there.

And where have you been?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Dustin1300" data-cid="69383" data-time="1359249857"><p>

Well, don't go to Gander Mtn. I've never seen the stock so low!</p></blockquote>

From what I've seen online, their prices are pretty high to. I've been reading that a sw40ve is around the $300 range, their price is almost $500! I think I'm going to check out the shop in avon, going to look at gander tomorrow in terre haute and stop by inland to drool on the tanks...

If your going to that far, Check out Plainfield shooting supply. They have always given me the best deal compared to any shop. Also a couple good online sites for Indiana are http://www.armslist.com/classifieds/indianiapolis-indiana/all and http://www.hoosiertopics.com/cgi-bin/aforum.isa?req=1m01

The guy who runs Fort Liberty Firearms is an @ss. He gave me attitude once for wanting prices on a couple thousand rounds of various calibers for a friend of mine since I used to work just up the road. Gave a smart remark about me starting a militia or something. I'll never go back in there. The prices were fairly high too.

Didn't read through all the pages but Bradis out on 67 in Camby is pretty fair with a knowledgeable staff.

Everybody always talks about Bradis but I never received what I would consider a deal from them and most of the time they act like you are putting them out for asking a question.

20 years ago it was worth the hassle because they had great prices but now the are established they are as high as the rest.

I always try to find an individual to buy from before I go to any of the shops.

My Remora holster with it's free magazine holder showed up today! So far, I'm pretty impressed. Even without a belt on, the entire ensemble seems to stay in place fairly well, but it will definitely benefit from the added pressure of one. I was under the impression that they were back ordered for quite a few weeks, but it showed up a week after I ordered it. Awesome service!

20130128_165532.jpg

20130128_165517.jpg

• 1 month later...

I know a local FFL dealer that will receive/sell anything for $20 over wholesale. If you know what you want, it's a good deal. You can buy anything at wholesale or retail out of state and have him receive it for you in Indy (west side). He's also good at finding rare items. He also has a weekly deal email.PM me if interested. I don't know if I should publish his contact info here.

Ahh, that would have been nice to know about at 11 this morning... Probably would have saved me some cash since the only place that had the pistol I wanted was at msrp and above! I paid to much, but I guess sometimes your the windshield, sometimes your the bug...