Green Star Polyps

mike1104

I call the rock in the picture my finger rock. I was thinking about lining the rock from the bottom with some green star polyps. I was wondering if I start from the bottom will the polyps grow up the rock or would I have to use something like fishing line to attach the polyps to the rock? As the polyps grow (hopefully in the direction I want them to) I can cut the fishing line. What do you think? Also, does anyone have any green star polyps they need to get rid of or would consider selling? :)

photoj.jpg

Just remember, when you add it you will almost never be able to rid yourself of it. That and mushrooms are the only two corals I regret putting in my tank and I will never do it again because I have to start from scratch with new rock on my next tank.

I am in the same situation, my next tank will still have GSP because I like it but it will be on its own rock that doesnt touch anything else. Hell my GSP is starting to grow across the sand HA HA. I have not had the same problem with mushrooms though.

"Green Star Polyps, need some advice"

Resist the temptation to put them in your tank. The only way I've been able to keep them in check is to glue them to the side of my tank so they cant spread to the rocks, once they get on the rocks they are like xenia, they spread every where.

"Green Star Polyps, need some advice"

Resist the temptation to put them in your tank. The only way I've been able to keep them in check is to glue them to the side of my tank so they cant spread to the rocks, once they get on the rocks they are like xenia, they spread every where.

Not sure if he still has them but dwsindy had quite a few gsp just a couple of weeks ago he was selling or trading..