Bryopsis

I have been battling bryopsis for the past few months. I think I finally have my mag levels high enough that Im finally killing it, however what I am seeing is a yellowy powder on the brypsis and now my tank is very very cloudy. Is this a sign of the bryopsis finally dying or do I have another problem?

Another question is what are your params at, specifically nitrates and phosphates? How much food do you feed? Filtration? (Protein skimmer, mechanical filtration, chemical filtration, etc)

Bringing mag up high might kill it off but that die off just turns into more nitrates/phosphates and more will just grow back IMO. Finding the source of your original problem is likely to me more rewarding as I think the mag is just a band-aid soloution to the real problem.

To this point my parameters look great (hidden Im sure because of the bryposis making nitrates etc look low/no existant). Ive cut back feeding significantly over the past few months. Ive been skimming very wet for past severl weeks and changing my GFO every 2 weeks. I cant get my rodi water is usually under 5 tds (damn Indy is so freaking horrible) so I dont see that as the source of the problem. The bryopsis has completed strangled my macro algea so as soon as I get it under control I will be replenishing it in my sump. I feel like Im starving my fish! hahaha but im sure they are fine. Ive been very by the book on everything since this outbreak. I had no algae problems before. My biggest problem is when i first started noticing it I just thought it was hair algae and tried tried fighting it with the normal hair algae remedies until I finally discovered it was bryopsis (I even have mollies in my tank).

To this point my parameters look great (hidden Im sure because of the bryposis making nitrates etc look low/no existant). Ive cut back feeding significantly over the past few months. Ive been skimming very wet for past severl weeks and changing my GFO every 2 weeks. I cant get my rodi water is usually under 5 tds (damn Indy is so freaking horrible) so I dont see that as the source of the problem. The bryopsis has completed strangled my macro algea so as soon as I get it under control I will be replenishing it in my sump. I feel like Im starving my fish! hahaha but im sure they are fine. Ive been very by the book on everything since this outbreak. I had no algae problems before. My biggest problem is when i first started noticing it I just thought it was hair algae and tried tried fighting it with the normal hair algae remedies until I finally discovered it was bryopsis (I even have mollies in my tank).

hmmm. my tds going into my ro/di unit is ~380, out of the membrane, its around 8-12, di knocks it down to 0. my rodi stays at 0ppm, when it raises to 2-3 is when i change all filters except the membrane. i noticed when i let it raise to 5+, i had some algae issues. this was just my experience, and i know that some people dont use di, dont even use ro...???

I like going by the rule that I don't use any water with TDS of more than 0. Once it goes to 1 I move my second stage of DI to the first stage and replace the second stage. This helps better exhaust the DI and makes better use of it. I'd rather prevent added unwanted materials to the tank than try to remove them by other means later :P Enough de-railment now!