good shops within a 3 hr drive

St. Louis, has several great stores. Average trip is about 3-3.5 hours (240 miles from indy) depending on how you drive. Great food, and several attractions that are worth the trip (one of the countries best zoo's and it's free to boot). If interested it used to be home, so i'll get more info for anyone who cares.

I like going to St Louis. Its pretty close to us (about an hour and a half from TH) and you can just go around the loop. There is a store in Clayton that is really clean, really nice, but a little high on somethings.....but dude, don't talk to the lady that owns it. She's just a sour puss.

There are a few other good ones as well. Its a neat place to go.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are thinking of going to Evansville (my hometown), I can tell you there are two places that are pretty cool. Aquariums plus is fairly new and their fish selection rivals abyss here in Indy. The owner, Steve Graves, is very knowledgeable and friendly. The other place is Harp?s pets, it is a pretty cool, but not as good as aquariums plus. If you want to know more like good places to eat or things to see let me know. The city probably isn?t as cool as St. Louis, but you?ll have trouble getting lost.

• 1 month later...

If you are going to Evansville drive another 7 miles to Newburgh. Waters of the World will blow away the 2 stores mentioned in the post above. The store only does saltwater, specializing on reef tanks. Awesome selection of healthy fish and corals, good prices and a great source of information.

www.coraldoc.com.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would have to agree St Louis has some great stores. And yes Jan the owner of Clayton Pet is a sour puss. Another ok place is Tropical World Pet on Watson Rd in St Louis, also Andy's Animal House in Fenton right out side of St Louis is a great place. Also in St Charles you have Marine Solutions which is awsome. There are a little far away (like 4 -4.5 hours but well worth it I miss those stores they blow the abyss and the reef out of the water.