210 Gallon Build

bstoner

Looks like I am back to the regular trim from Perfecto. 1/2" glass is a lot more expensive and harder to cut and they cant polish the edges on a 2' wide piece.

Got 90% of the old silicone off I just need to do some final cleaning then I can order the new trim and silicone it in place.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few after the trim has been removed and most of the silicone was scraped off with a razor blade. Any tips on what to use to get the rest off?

You can try some type of acetone based product or rubbing alcohol. That and more razor blade action should get all the silicone off.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is still moving along slowly. I have built the stand and I got it coated in POR-15 over the weekend. I plan on building the skin for the stand in the next few months.

What would you guys put between the stand and the tank if anything, sheet of plywood, Styrofoam sheet or similar?

Tubing is 1.5" .125" wall

There is an overhang.

I originally planned on building the stand the size of the glass and wanted the wood skin to meet up flush with the trim. I didnt realize at the time that all the weight/support is on the trim, hence the ledge ;) It actually worked out nicely though as my skin will meet up with the bottom of the ledge and make it easy to cover the trim of the tank with something decorative I can incorporate into the skin.