2011 WORC Frag Swap - (Dayton, Ohio)

2011fragswappng.png

Hello from your not to far away reef friends in Dayton Ohio. We are holding a frag swap on April 30 this year. Everyone is welcome to attend. If you would like to read a bit more about it click the picture above. I will check back often and post from time to time over the next 3 months letting everyone know what has been happening and how we are progressing.

Happy Reefing - Brian

We are at t-minus 11 weeks until the Swap and it is looking like a great line up again this year.

Confirmed vendors include:

CoralSquad.jpgReefKoi.gif

MS-Banner.gifreefsystems.gif

coralpets.jpgbfs.jpg

reefKingdom.JPGcoralranch.gif

For those that have attended in the past know that our raffle is one of the best. We already have 36 corporations supporting making this year the one you don't want to miss.

If you haven't already register for the event on fragswapper here is the link - http://www.fragswapper.com/setmeeting.asp?MeetingKey=81

For detailed information check the Frag Swap Page located here - http://www.worcreef.org/Pages/FragSwap/2011/2011.html

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone who has been to this in the past few years give me their opinion about it. There is another swap in Joliet IL on the same day and my GF lives 10 min from it. Im trying to decide what one will be the better frag swap. I dont wana show up to one and have there only be 10 guys with frag tanks full of xenia and leathers.

Thanks

Ross

Can someone who has been to this in the past few years give me their opinion about it. There is another swap in Joliet IL on the same day and my GF lives 10 min from it. Im trying to decide what one will be the better frag swap. I dont wana show up to one and have there only be 10 guys with frag tanks full of xenia and leathers.

Thanks

Ross

It was pretty good last year.

How the Raffle works

At the swap there will be a staging area with several tables setup. The raffle items will be displayed on the tables along with a collection cup next to each item. Place your raffle tickets in the collection cups for the items you wish to win. The raffle tickets can be purchased at the swaps entrance where you pay admittance fee. When the raffle has started someone will mix up the tickets in the collection cup and blindly select one. If it is yours you win that item. The more tickets purchased the better your chances of winning and there is no limit to the number of items you can win. However you must be present to win.

How To Get 3 Free Raffle Tickets

In addition to purchasing raffle tickets you can obtain free tickets for posting items for sale on Fragswapper. For every three items you post on Fragswapper you will receive one free raffle ticket up to a maximum of 3 free tickets. Swap vendors are excluded from receiving free raffle tickets.Your free raffle tickets will be waiting for you when you arrive. Just tell the cashier your frag swapper User ID and they will in turn ask you for your fragswapper email address which is private to the public but we have access to as Fragswapper Administrator

How about some pictures of a couple raffle items

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

1.jpg

10.jpg9.jpg

Also wanted to let you know that there are over 400 corals listed on fragswapper right now. You won't find any of these corals available at the swap. The only way to get them is to register on fragswapper and reserve. Don't miss out on that crown jewel. Here are a few available for reservation Check out frag swapper now!

21.jpg22.jpg23.jpg

27.jpg28.jpg

24.jpg25.jpg26.jpg

Hey Folks! You won't want to miss this one! We currently have 14 vendors coming. Also, Ecotech has generously donated a Vortech MP10w ES for us to raffle off! We have also recieved a nice 70 series pump from Iwaki America! But don't forget to bring your appetite, as we will be grilling out for those who are hungry. Grab your family and fellow reefing friends, and head on out for a great time!

In the last 7 days over 200 new corals have been listed on fragswapper. Some of my Z's & P's are out there and they are going quick. A lot of swappers including me accept trades so don't hesitate to offer an exchange. This great event is less then two weeks away.

Here are some of the recent adds. Click here to reserve your coral today before it's gone.

327431o.jpg413433.jpg08222009001.jpg

32709001.jpgid013.jpgredblue.jpg

img0496j.jpgimg13241.jpgtangerinedreams35.jpg

We are only 6 days away. Here are some tips for first time swappers. Experienced hobbyists feel free to post up things you have learned.

- Consider bringing a small cooler or insulated box to hold any corals you may wish to purchase. It can be a bit cool in the the venue. Also nice to take your purchases to your car and put in cooler so you don't have to carry them around all day.

- For hobbyists trading bring small bills or exact amount for a smooth transaction

- When you get to the swap you will be given a name tag to put your username. Be sure to wear it somewhere visible, as that is how other swappers are going to be able to find you easily.

- If you have committed to purchase corals on frag swapper and something comes up and you can't make it be sure to cancel your request. Some swappers may be disappointed however it is better then them packaging up corals and coming to the swap to find the hobbyist not present

- There are tables marked hobbyists. Feel free to use those table to execute a transaction or display stuff for sale/trade. They tend to go fast so get there early to setup shop. Please Limit yourself to 1/2 table.

- Consider bringing a couple extra bags or small container to hold corals. Hobbyists don't have the experience a vendor does with packing corals and they can sometimes spring a leak.

- Have a blast.

Is anyone going to this swap that would be willing to pick up a 10g tank for me? I was planning to get the 10g from Mecheng but she isn't going to make our swap. I am planning to use it as part of an educational display at our swap. Thanks!

Is anyone going to this swap that would be willing to pick up a 10g tank for me? I was planning to get the 10g from Mecheng but she isn't going to make our swap. I am planning to use it as part of an educational display at our swap. Thanks!

Pmed you.