2011 Meeting Schedule!

Its that time of year again to start putting together our calendar. We are looking for hosts for our meetings as well as meeting topic suggestions. If you would like to host a meeting please respond here or pm me. If you have a topic that you would like to discuss please do the same. I will be updating this thread as we get more hosts and suggestions in.

November

December----Christmas Party

The above months are still open

Meeting are held the second Saturday of the month at 4 p.m. If there is a month that you you would like to host please let me know.

Looking for topic ideas. Anybody have anything they would like to suggest and/or anyone that wants to do a presentation? Please let me know. As far as the schedule the following in not set in stone and is subject to change. I will keep this as up to date as possible. This is the year so far.

January---------Hooked

February--------???

March------------???

April--------------Coralfarm123

May---------------FRAG SWAP!!!

June -------------pwoller

July---------------Summer social----dwsindy

August-----------Larry

September------Member appreciation event---???

October----------noodlenugs

November-------????

December-------Christmas Party ???

Still looking for hosts for Feb, March,November and December. You are welcome to post here with suggestions for topics as well as pm me. Anyone who would like to do a presentation please contact me as well.

If people were interested and if someone would assist, I could do a talk on building an algae turf scrubber. I'm not an expert on the works and chemistry behind it, but the diy part of it I have down. As Ive now built 4 of them that are now in use and mine and two others have went skimmer less so far.

If people were interested and if someone would assist, I could do a talk on building an algae turf scrubber. I'm not an expert on the works and chemistry behind it, but the diy part of it I have down. As Ive now built 4 of them that are now in use and mine and two others have went skimmer less so far.

I'd be happy to assist...I love building stuff.

• 1 month later...

We are still looking for a host for the February meeting. That was a spot that was not previously filled in the initial post. If anyone would like to host the febraury meeting please pm as soon as possible.

We are still looking for host for March, November and the Christmas Blowout in December.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are still looking for meeting topics, I have a request. I have a lot of questions about coral and maybe one of our coral experts can go over a few things. Like, why do some of my blue sps corals turn green? (why do some of them turn brown or bleach??) Why are some of the lps corals named differently even though they look like the same thing...i.e favias, favrites, platyga,moonstones, or acans and echinata, or zoanthids and palythoas, or suncoral and dendros. Why do some sps seem to thrive in a tank but others just don't grow. How often do you feed the coral with some kind of coral food or is this even necessary. Anyway, maybe a question/answer type meeting?? Just an idea...might be too basic for some of the members.