UL Listed

I've been shopping around for a MH unit. I think i've settled on a SunPod HQI Twin 150W. I need the two bulbs due to the support bar in the center of my tank. Anyways, i have seen a few websites selling some pretty cheap fixtures and came close to trying them out. Odyssea being one of the brands. Came across a couple articles about the ballasts burning up and the chance of catching fire. I'm sure even great brands can have this happen too. Came across another article that definitely saved me from these bad purchases. If a product is not UL listed, most home owners insurances have a clause stating no responsibility for non UL listed products. They aren't illegal or anything but insurance could deny everything if an accident would occur. This really goes beyond lighting and is subject to everything we own in our households. Seems most non UL listed products are china knockoffs. Maybe some of you already knew this but i was astounded about how important a UL listed product is. Thought i needed to rant this knowledge and maybe help somebody.

I've been shopping around for a MH unit. I think i've settled on a SunPod HQI Twin 150W. I need the two bulbs due to the support bar in the center of my tank. Anyways, i have seen a few websites selling some pretty cheap fixtures and came close to trying them out. Odyssea being one of the brands. Came across a couple articles about the ballasts burning up and the chance of catching fire. I'm sure even great brands can have this happen too. Came across another article that definitely saved me from these bad purchases. If a product is not UL listed, most home owners insurances have a clause stating no responsibility for non UL listed products. They aren't illegal or anything but insurance could deny everything if an accident would occur. This really goes beyond lighting and is subject to everything we own in our households. Seems most non UL listed products are china knockoffs. Maybe some of you already knew this but i was astounded about how important a UL listed product is. Thought i needed to rant this knowledge and maybe help somebody.

I bought a MH fixture a couple years ago that wasn't UL listed and couldn't sleep at night after reading about them bursting into flames on people. Got rid of that light real quick.