GFO and active carbon reactors

I use a tlf150 to run carbon in with a maxi jet 900 pump and I am pretty happy with that. I think it cost me about the same. I really cant comment on the other because I have neved used it, but I would imagine it to be about the same, they are pretty simple mechanisms.

Reactors have helped in my tank. I run 2 TLF one with carbon and one with GFO. I'm not seeing the algea as much as before. But I think it depends on your tank. I have a high bioload and keep sps and lps. Money well spent for me.

Hey Otty,

do you need to modify the maxijet to run better, I know the mj that I bought from Willy when I bought his calcium reactor setup needed modifying before use, more to prevent overheating from back pressure.

I use a tlf150 to run carbon in with a maxi jet 900 pump and I am pretty happy with that. I think it cost me about the same. I really cant comment on the other because I have neved used it, but I would imagine it to be about the same, they are pretty simple mechanisms.

did u get this from premium

Hey Otty,

do you need to modify the maxijet to run better, I know the mj that I bought from Willy when I bought his calcium reactor setup needed modifying before use, more to prevent overheating from back pressure.

I have some friends that run these but I use two Precision Marine Reverse Flow Substate Reactors for my tank. I heard the ones from BRS are of nice quality. I would just hook up a manifold and run them of a return pump if you didn't undersize it.