Forest Fire monti

OO i did pick up the seasons greetings from Ian about a week ago as well, Mine is on the bottom sand bed but I think I am going to move it mid-bottom tank. My sunset was at the top of the tank doing nothing and I moved it to mid-bottom and within a week it had started to encrust the rock it was on. But very nice piece.

OO i did pick up the seasons greetings from Ian about a week ago as well, Mine is on the bottom sand bed but I think I am going to move it mid-bottom tank. My sunset was at the top of the tank doing nothing and I moved it to mid-bottom and within a week it had started to encrust the rock it was on. But very nice piece.

Oh. Good to hear that it is an easier one to keep the color. Brandon or Ian I'll need a forest fire monti from one of you.

Also brandon, I just wanted to let you know that your avatar died yesterday. Sorry.

How about some pics of those 2 montis-- not sure I've ever seen either of them.

Seasons Greetings--Here is an old pic of mine. It is much more of a vibrant lime green in person. For some reason, I cannot get a good photo to show the color so I don't take too many pics of it.

gallery_347_15_1094372.jpg

Forest Fire Digi aka (Montipora Samarensis)-- I took this pic today. The green base is just starting to come back for me. When the polyps are fully expanded they can hide the base so it is easily mistaken for just a regular orange digi.

gallery_347_15_397515.jpg

Thanks for the pics--I didn't realize the Forest Fire was a digitata

I think there is an encrusting variety too with the same name. Also, I've seen quite a few nice Australian montis coming in lately with a green base and red polyps on Live Aquaria, but they seem to be a different species.