Strange water parameters

So I tested my water this morning and am a bit confused. Nothing in my tank looks bad or has died but I am totally confused about my water parameters. Here are the ones that I found strange so please give me your thoughts.

I use an API test kit.

Calcium: 620

Ph: 8.1

dKH: 11

Thanks

What salt do you use? Do you dose anything? How are you measuring pH, test kit or probe? Also do you know what your Mg is at?

Also what is your specific gravity?

Ca and alk are on the high side, if the test results are accurate, but not really terrible. You might test again and if possible test using another kit/brand.

I have had my Ca that high and not hurt anything. I have a lot of trouble getting my alk that high.

What salt do you use? Do you dose anything? How are you measuring pH, test kit or probe? Also do you know what your Mg is at?

Also what is your specific gravity?

Ca and alk are on the high side, if the test results are accurate, but not really terrible. You might test again and if possible test using another kit/brand.

I have had my Ca that high and not hurt anything. I have a lot of trouble getting my alk that high.

I was just getting water from Uncle Bill's but recently switched to making my own so I now use SeaChem Reef Salt. I dose 2 part B-Ionic at 2 parts Calcium to 1 part Alk. This seemed to work when I was using UB's salt water but i'm wondering since SeaChem reef salt has such good levels of everything if i'm dosing too much B-Ionic. I test my ph using a test kit. Same API kit that I use to test everything else. I've thought about getting a better quality test kit but I've had no problems with my levels until now so that's the only reason I haven't changed. I don't test Mg b/c I don't have a test kit and they are kind of expensive so that's my bad but I will be getting one this friday at premium just to make sure that is in line as well. My specific gravity is 1.024 which is where it has stayed for over a year now. It doesn't really change much even with the change in salt water. Like I said nothing looks bad or has died I was just a little concerned at the hightened level of calcium and what not. I'm not sure what to do except change test kits to see if anything comes out different.

I use an API test kit.

Calcium: 620

Ph: 8.1

dKH: 11

I'm affraid this combination of alkalinity, pH and calcium is not soluble in sea water with a sg of 1.022 or higher. If your parameters were correct, then you would see the proverbial "snow storm", which is actually calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate precipitating out of solution. That is, the water would be cloudy and your calcium levels would soon drop.

You might want to take a water sample to a LFS or a fellow reef buddy to have the all and calcium levels independently verified.

I too use the Salifert Ca and dO test kits and feel quite confident about thier accuracy.