NHL Playoffs

SJGreene

Well, my Wings swept the lowly Blue Jackets. The other series I have been watching is the Rangers/Caps. Waiting to see if Andy gets to enjoy the season a little longer, or start looking forward to next year.

Anyone else, besides me and Andy, watching the playoffs?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my Wings swept the lowly Blue Jackets. The other series I have been watching is the Rangers/Caps. Waiting to see if Andy gets to enjoy the season a little longer, or start looking forward to next year.

Anyone else, besides me and Andy, watching the playoffs?

Big Penguins fan here. I'm not as confident with the team as I was last year, but it will be fun to watch!

Big Penguins fan here.

Ugh, I think I am going to be sick...

lol.

I am very anxious about this Tuesday's Game 7. Lots of bad stuff happening on the ice the last few games, players biting, late hits, water bottles thrown into the crowd, orbital bones broken... did I mention it is going to be game 7! ugh. Stressed. LGR!

Go wings, being born and raised in MI, I bleed red, I miss going to the games, but never miss them when they are on TV, I love the channel VS.. The best thing is, the team I am playing on in Fishers, happens to be named the Red Wings.. w00t.

Not the WINGS. I'm tired of the WINGS. I like Vancouver. I'm thinking them or the pens will go all the way. I prey every night for it not to be the WINGS. And I am tired of hearing about Ovechkin, even though that goal last friday was amazing

I don't think we can hang out anymore :D... And you would be amazing too if you took over 550 shots in 1 season, your bound to have a few good goals.

You down for tomorrow night at Pan Am? Shoot me a pm.

GO WINGS

SIgh, that game was a microcosm of the regular season of the NYR. Great first period, okay 2nd, and only got one shot on goal the ENTIRE third period with the game on the line.

Well, at least I don't have Martin Brodeur as my goaltender... 2 goals and the season gone in the last 80 seconds of game 7... LAUGH!!!!!! Watch that selfish joker retire this offseason after getting his precious records.

LOL speaking of Brodeur.... I wish Avery was in it to potentially taunt Brodeur. The stick waving in his face or putting the glove in front of his face are classic. Avery is by far one of my Favorites so I'm sorry to see NYC go.

you are not alone. Bettman broke some rules just to enact the "avery rule". Technically, no new rules are to be instated during a season, but bettman aka buttman pulled one off for the sake of the beloved brodiva. I still love how since brodeur is a canadian and highly marketable, no "BIG NEWS' was released when he and the devils blew their lead...the BIG NEWS was that the rangers blew a 3-1 series lead, yeah, blowing a 3-1 series lead is something that has happened before to other teams...just never to the rangers... BUT the rangers have NEVER won a game 7 on the road EVER. No one expected the rangers to win this series, except rangers fans. Why? Simple marketing. Everyone would LOVE to see Obitch sorry, Ovech, make it on. And now, bettman has his series... Ovech and the Craps vs. Cindy and Ugly Mug Malkin and the rest of the Pissburgh Penguins. Why is Cindy the "face of the league" simple, he is canadian... Malkin and Ovech are russians... and yes, they are (In my Opinion) WAY better than Cindy. but since cindy is from the great white north he gets the nod. But hey, if buttman wants a whiny, nut smacking, sucker-punching, baby to be the face of the league.. so be it.. just means in the end more folks will hate him anyway.

andy is stepping off soap box.

Why is Cindy the "face of the league" simple, he is canadian... Malkin and Ovech are russians... and yes, they are (In my Opinion) WAY better than Cindy. but since cindy is from the great white north he gets the nod.

andy is stepping off soap box.

I agree with this 100%.

Hockey Fans Canadians need to realize that not all great hockey players come from Canada. Heck, most people never thought a team captained by a European would ever win the Cup. They're not saying much now that Nic and the Wings won last year.

I agree with this 100%.

Hockey Fans Canadians need to realize that not all great hockey players come from Canada. Heck, most people never thought a team captained by a European would ever win the Cup. They're not saying much now that Nic and the Wings won last year.

I didn't know they let Europeans in the league... lol. Btw, for what it is worth, Malkin was smuggled out of Russia by the Pens. He faces a lot of trouble if he ever returns.

I didn't know they let Europeans in the league... lol. Btw, for what it is worth, Malkin was smuggled out of Russia by the Pens. He faces a lot of trouble if he ever returns.

I remember that. They got him into California somehow, right? And then hi-jacked him to Pittsburgh?

I agree with this 100%.

*cough*

Fantastic generalization of us you've got going on there... :rolleyes:

*cough*

Fantastic generalization of us you've got going on there... :rolleyes:

It was meant to be a little tounge in cheek.

Should I have said some Canadian Hockey fans? :blush:

As a Red Wings fan, I was so sick of the broadcasters continuing to rant on and on about how so many in the sport never thought a team captained by a non-North American player could ever win the Cup.

I agree, my statement above is a gross over generalization of Canadians. I'm sure there are some people there who don't even care about hockey.

I actually feel the same way about Americans and baseball. I get so tired of hearing about baseball and apple pie. Countries all over the world have outstanding baseball programs and leagues. Apparently, the MLB just pays the best, so is that why people equate Baseball and being American?

It was meant to be a little tounge in cheek.

Should I have said some Canadian Hockey fans? :blush:

As a Red Wings fan, I was so sick of the broadcasters continuing to rant on and on about how so many in the sport never thought a team captained by a non-North American player could ever win the Cup.

I agree, my statement above is a gross over generalization of Canadians. I'm sure there are some people there who don't even care about hockey.

I actually feel the same way about Americans and baseball. I get so tired of hearing about baseball and apple pie. Countries all over the world have outstanding baseball programs and leagues. Apparently, the MLB just pays the best, so is that why people equate Baseball and being American?

It's all good :) I don't know of many Canadians, at least in my life, that have anything against non-Canadian hockey teams. I think that it comes down to the fact that it's only been in the last 15-20 years that non-Canadian teams have done well enough to make a name for themselves.

It's the same thing with baseball, as you mentioned. Anymore, baseball is a much larger sport in Japan than it is here, and some of the Japan teams are insanely good.

I guess it all just comes down to where the sport mainly originated from as to who gets to claim bragging rights for "dominance"... same thing for soccer, rugby, polo...

All of that, and many North American's tends to be ignorant to the rest of the world :shrug:

The Wings are up 3-2 now. Man would I love to close this series out in 6. Game 7s always make me nervous.

The B's looked solid, finally, yesterday. Nice to see some of the Original Six staying alive.

Can the Pens pull off a 0-2 deficit to win the series 4-2? We'll see.

Plus the Hawks are only one away from sending Vancover home for the summer.

I would love to see a Chicago/Detroit conference finals. Simply for the fact that the Wings wouldn't have to travel all they way out West again. Plus the games wouldn't be on at 10:30pm!

An Original Six finals between the Wings and the B's would be awesome. A finals with the Hawks and B's would be cool too, but not as nice as a 12th Cup in "The D".

Let's go Wings!!