Prevent sump return overflow

I am going to be building out a small sump/refugium for my tank and am looking for advice for preventing overflow in case my overflow gets clogged.     I was thinking an easy way to do this would be to get a device that detects when the water level in the main tank reaches a set high point, and if so cut off power to the pump.   Are you aware of any other good devices that do this?   The only one i'm seeing so far is http://www.autoaqua.com.tw/en/sls-120.html

or other ways of accomplishing this?

There are a few DIY options I have seen on Reef2reef and on other forums doing something similar to this. If you have an apex or other controller for your aquarium, adding a few optical sensors would be easy for this project. You could always take a look at some of the DIY ATO using a float switch. I have one that i used and it would kick on a pump to move water once it dropped past a certain point. I am sure that something similar could be setup to reverse the float switch. 

• Like 1