• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is a worthwhile budget

tprize

It’s been a few years since I’ve been to the frag swap, and I am looking at budgeting enough to walk away with a handful of frags. I know that frags types and costs vary a lot, but looking at online frag prices, things seem to have skyrocketed as every single coral has a designer name and price tag. I wasn’t sure what to expect at the swap, as based on online prices I’m thinking walking in with a few hundred bucks will net me a few choices and maybe 1-2 frags.

A couple of hundred will net you some nice corals especially as most vendors will have some sort of deal going. As always it depends what you are looking for of course

a holy grail torch will of course increase that budget dramatically...

Mike

That’s good to hear, because online almost all the corals seem to be “Holy Grail” corals. I was worried that the hobby had gone the direction of naming all natural coral variations as “special” and pricing them as such. I remember my last tank going to a few members houses and buying bags full of frags for 10-25 each.