2022 INDMAS board positions

tanknovice

Nominations for the 2022  board have now officially started club!  Per the INDMAS By-Laws, and in order to have more time to train any new BOD in preparation for the frag swap…the newly nominated positions will now be taking office on November 1st, 2022.

Nominations will remain open until the night before the meeting on October 9th, 2021 and voting will take place at the same October monthly meeting (Must be present to vote!!).  If you are interested in running for one of the offices below you can nominate yourself or you may nominate another member.  If another member nominates you, please accept or reject that nomination on this thread! There is no limit to the number of nominations accepted per position.

This is a great opportunity to give back to INDMAS, help assist your local non-for-profit club grow and educate, and to show your reefing pride!

So without further adieu here is the list of open positions and current nominees!

Want to Give Back?

INDMAS is a great reefing community that offers tons of resources for us to keep our piece of the ocean looking at its best.  But all of those resources are carefully and diligently planned out by the volunteers on our Board of Directors.  This year we have a few positions that will be open to take office on November 1st.  These are all one year terms...and the nominations will begin in September.  The officers below have done a great job already for 2021, and

1 Year Terms:

Membership – currently held by Kyle Price (Silentnight1793) will not be running this year

Commerce – currently held by Mikayla Price

Education – currently held by Brian Plankis

2 Year Terms:

INDMAS Treasurer – currently held by Ben

INDMAS Secretary – currently held by Bob Myers

Responsibilities of the officers is as follows: http://indmas.org/main/index.php/topic/1203-duties-and-responsibilities-of-elected-positions/ 

2021 Frag Swap Commerce Committee

Don't think you have enough time to swing a Staff position?  The INDMAS Frag Swap is a big undertaking and planning for the May 2021 event will start in November.  The Commerce Committee is responsible for helping solicit those awesome raffles that you see near the stage every year!  They are a pivotal position and work directly with the Commerce Chair to ensure a great fundraiser for the club.  How can you help give back to the club and the reefing community?  I'm glad you asked!  Email for more information to see if this is a good fit for you:  [email protected]

Thank you all for reading this extended nomination post and I hope to meet each and every one of you that I don't know already,  yet this year.  I hope all of your reefs are flourishing and I have given you all something to think about regarding the future of our reefs.  You can all help be a part of the solution!

• tanknovice pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

After the board elections this year the following were the results:

Elections: New Staff and Board Members 2022

Secretary - Craig Martin (CMRun)

Treasurer - Ben

Commerce - Co-chairs:  Ryan (ryansweet) and Luis (Gonzo620)

Education - Co-chairs:  Doug Duerloo (dduerloo) and Mike Duffy ((Mike762)

Membership - Hector DelaFuente III (HDIII)

President is not up for election this year.

As you will notice we ran co-chairs for commerce and Education this year. For Commerce as both the chairs are new it will be great for the club for contact with existing vendors and sponsors and for the frag swap. As past commerce chairs can tell you this position can be overwhelming especially around the time of the swap.

For Education chair having two chairs to coordinate both in person and remote education topics will do nothing but help the club members learn the science and art of reef keeping

Welcome both new and returning Board members and staff.

I would like to personally thank the Board members and chairs whose terms will be ending:

Mikayla - Commerce

Kyle - Membership

Brian - Education

Bob - Secretary

The club would not be what it is today without their contributions and hours of volunteering.

Look for more news and updates and as always if you have an idea or something that would help the club be better for all members please do not hesitate to reach out

Mike Miller (TankNovice) 

317 730 7049

• Like 2