ATO Help

Hello all,

I have been running my Nuvo 10 for about a month and a half now and need to get an auto top off. I figured I would use an old one I had but it doesn’t work properly and the float switch gets stuck on the on position. 

I need advice on what kind of ato to get for a nano tank like this. I’m skidish to use the tunze nano due to reviews and the fact that it uses only a float switch. In a large system the normal one works great as you have more room for the auto shut off to work but in five minutes my tank would be over flowing and salinity levels bottomed out. 

Anyone run a nano tank with an ATO they have trust in?

I have the Smart ATO...great little system.  Small sensor and pump...reliable.  has an audible and visual alarm too...so it beeps when it's out of water in the reservoir as well as when it back siphons (you need to add an inline siphon check valve).  It's pretty well priced too...easy to set up

• Like 1

+2 on the Smart ATO.  Use it on my Nuvo 20.  I always forget to check my reservoir so I like the out of water warning.  I have an anemone who likes to block my overflows so the water level in the back of tank sump drops, the ATO tops it off, the anemone moves and my ATO starts beeping that the sump is over filled.  Really irritating but not the ATO's fault.  Have it plugged into my Apex so I can shut it off with out getting out of my seat! LOL

• Like 1

I have the JBJ nano. it worked very well on my pico. it was like 100 new.  i will sell to you for 60...  let me know.  I used it for like 2 months...  maybe 3....

Dawn