POWER BACK-Ups

what are you guys using. ( please be specific in your set-up plan for a power outage.

for example.~~~ apex to remain powered so it can control the pumps?  and how does it know it goes to battery. ( is that possible)?  

if not. what do you do?  I was thinking to have the return pump and one powerhead since sump has half my water volume.

do you run heaters?  what do you run specifically and how?  thank you

Dawn

My plan is to make sure if the power goes out nothing will flood. My area doesn’t have a history for power outages. The longest I’ve ever lost power was 2 hrs many years ago. So sit back and enjoy the Pulsing Xenia at my house. Lol  🤷🏽‍♂️  

• Like 1

I have small battery backups on each tank (maybe 5-10mins worth of power), and I also have a portable generator for longer outages. I can get you the models when I get home. 
Like Luis, my area isn’t known for long outages so it isn’t something I worry about much but I do like to be prepared 

• Like 1

Dawn

Have APC battery back ups one for a heater, the other two run pumps nothing for lights. The tank loses less than a degree every couple of hours due to the rock and water volume.

This gives me 3 hours of battery back up minimum and would have a minimum of 12 hours before fish are threatened more than enough time to hook up my generator if needed

Mike

I build a DIY battery back up for my MP40. That should last (never tested it, something I should do one of the days) 4-6hours (maybe even longer) to provide circulation and enough gas exchange. Nothing else currently. However contemplating getting a generator for just in case. 

Im smaller.  (40g total water volume so I worry my tank will go cold/HOT quicker.  ( thinking winter or summer with no climate control in the house..)

will look into a generator.  I was thinking of a make shift vortech backup for atleast the mp10 until I got home and could run the generator.//. thoughts on how much generator?  Im thinking smaller heater.  TV and fish tank. fridge