• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Jeto2004

Oh ***** moment,,,,,

One of my new corals from the swag swap decided not to stay in place. So in the afternoon I thought let me quickly glue the coral back into place before I go on to other house projects. While glueing the coral done I pushed a little to hard and my “stable” (that’s what I at least thought) completely tumbled down.  That certainly induced a level of panic.......

After multiple tries to get the rock work back to the original layout and more and more coral fragments littering the sand I had to set back contemplate the fact that I have to except the fact that I will not be able to and should just put it back together with a new layout......New rock layout on the right in the pic below

Well on the positive site more frags to sell/trade in the future.....Forest fire digi anybody?

FD4EE0A1-A50F-48FD-BEF0-AD36F9299838.jpeg

E84D6973-33C1-45B1-9EBE-01CAB9F7726C.jpeg

That stinks! That has happened to me to, it never goes back the same way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been there, done that... one of the trade offs with stacked stone versus a supported structure (glued or drilled and joined with a plastic rod etc.).

Like you said.. a few more frags to trade in a month or two, and hopefully the tank and corals will look like they've always been positioned like they are today. 🙂

• Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 8:42 AM, MrsBugmaster said:

That stinks! That has happened to me to, it never goes back the same way. 

On 9/29/2020 at 9:01 AM, cmrun said:

Been there, done that... one of the trade offs with stacked stone versus a supported structure (glued or drilled and joined with a plastic rod etc.).

Like you said.. a few more frags to trade in a month or two, and hopefully the tank and corals will look like they've always been positioned like they are today. 🙂

Thanks Guys! I think after the initial shock I calmed down. Corals already show signs of healing. Fingers crossed all goes well!