Plumbing question

MrsBugmaster

I am thinking of getting a new sump for my 180, currently have a 36" ruby red trigger sump. The problem is one compartment is behind another compartment and with all the equipment in the front compartment it  makes it impossible to clean out and maintain the back compartment. I am looking at a Bashsea 48" signature series sump. All the compartment are in a row. This will make maintenance a lot easier.

Currently I have from the tank: 3/4" drain  and goes to 1" into the sump.

New sump has 1.5" drain holes into the sump. I would like to keep some of my current unions and Spear valves to reduce the cost. 

My question  is can I put a reducer , 1" to 1.5" at the sump and leave the rest of the plumbing as is? Or what is the best way to do this?  I will use only 2 of the drains also not all 3. So what can I use to plug the 3rd hole?

Here is a picture of the new sump

Bashsea sump.jpg

Thanks Mike.

Yeah the current size pipes is working and I got good flow, my main thing was not wanting to replace all the expensive Spears and Cepex ball valves and unions I have now. I realize I will still have to cut some pipes and redo some of the plumbing for the new sump as everything in this sump is reversed. Meaning my return will now be on the right side instead of the left. Figured I could use couplers to join the existing valves to the new plumbing. Or I think I can order new union sides of the gate valves and not replace the whole thing that's the good thing about these brand of ball valves. My not look as nice but I am hoping it will still work that way.