Another 80g Deep Blue build 😉

So on top of the nursery process and all the other hectic and amazing times we are going through...we are in the process of getting a new tank going.  We will be moving the 58g corals and fish only into a new build. 

Jenn and I are starting all new with this build, and at a good time while so much new things are happening in our house!  The equipment list is below...along with a wish list of a few items as well.  I have attached pictures of the stand, that was modified by an indmas member.  I also got the tank from a member here as well.  Thank you to you both!

Current equipment: 

Reef Octopus varios 4, reefbreeder photon 32, maxpect gyre 230 x2, Bashsea 36" custom color biofuge, reef Octopus 110sss skimmer.  Marine pure block x2, finnex 810m and 300w heater combo, tunze ATO nano, matching Bashsea Ferrari 10g ATO container

My hope is to get the new tank in place and cycling and start to sell off some equipment from the 58g.  I can then upgrade the lighting to the newer generation reefbreeder.

I will be updating this along the way hopefully to keep pics and records of it all. 

IMG_20200810_200134.thumb.jpg.6050d9bc6ecb2170af8d54081eb05931.jpg

We have an 8 bar DJ panel going in on a control cut out on the right side...and have a color changing 10 foot LED strip going on the inside of the stand to help illuminate while working on the stand, as well as add some cool red color to match the Bashsea sump

• Like 1

We are going to use the Caribsea shape rocks in this build along with a mix of Tropic Eden dry sand (meso/mini/reeflakes).  I have a few pictures of how the scape is going to go but I can't upload any more pictures right now.  Although I am wanting one more arch - just don't want to buy a whole box for one piece lol.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Home-Decor-Frames/Knobs-Hardware/Hardware/Flourish-Corner-Accent/p/80833038

We found these corner accents we are going to put on the front corners of the stand to add some rustic elements to the modern-ish stand.  Jenn and I like to blend our two styles into one in our house and those rustic/antique pieces should help tie it all together!

We will be using red PVC for the drain and return, have a few unions, ball valves and a swiss check valve too.  Hopefully will be getting plumbed up this or next week after we fix a slight issue with the stand top.

5 hours ago, MrsBugmaster said:

Wow, this will be nice! Following this build!

Thanks!  This is likely the last upgrade and system we will have going for quite some time.  So trying to do it right and make it look nice.  The 58g is a Frankenstein system...

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 8:17 PM, ReefNewby82 said:

We are going to use the Caribsea shape rocks in this build along with a mix of Tropic Eden dry sand (meso/mini/reeflakes).  I have a few pictures of how the scape is going to go but I can't upload any more pictures right now.  Although I am wanting one more arch - just don't want to buy a whole box for one piece lol.

go to aquariums plus in greenwood.  they ordered a couple boxes for me to choose rock from.  they have arched. rock and tonga too...

• 2 weeks later...

Had my plumber stop by to take a look at what colored plumbing I had ready.  Glad I did, thought I did a pretty good job of getting all I needed.  Pfftt...had like half of what I needed lol. 

Using colored plumbing can get expensive.  Amazon sells Formufit PVC but most of it is 4 packs for $16 on elbows etc.  So I ordered direct through the manufacturer and saved some money.  Got the rest of what I needed for around $40...but those suckers charged me $23 to ship.  Oh well...looks like the drain will now be red PVC with black fittings, and the return will be red PVC with black fittings.  Going to have a T off with a valve to run the Somatic phosphate reactor. 

The stand isn't level and needs shimmed, and should be fixed this weekend and then can get the tank fully cleaned out and ready for plumbing.  Jeesh this build is taking longer than I wanted for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Guess you are gonna win the 80 gal build contest. Btw I will be parting with one of my carib sea arches.  Can either send you a pick of the two i have or bring both of them with me when i pick up my goods.

• Like 1

IMG_20201023_081045605_compress27.thumb.jpg.8f92a0d92111b08901fc5d823177a28c.jpgEMApY3fU8AEDZSR_compress76.jpg.2be62a2c915867c470b912e56a7494f2.jpg

I have been collecting hammers to make a centerpiece for the new build when and if it's finally wet lol. 

Right now I have gold, orange, baby blue, splatter hammer and purple.  It should be really cool when I get it fragged and set up.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ReefNewby82 said:

IMG_20201023_081045605_compress27.thumb.jpg.8f92a0d92111b08901fc5d823177a28c.jpgEMApY3fU8AEDZSR_compress76.jpg.2be62a2c915867c470b912e56a7494f2.jpg

I have been collecting hammers to make a centerpiece for the new build when and if it's finally wet lol. 

Right now I have gold, orange, baby blue, splatter hammer and purple.  It should be really cool when I get it fragged and set up.

I have that same hammer pic screenshotted in my phone album of aquascape ideas.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MrsBugmaster said:

Yay. it's plumbed! I know it can't be easy gettig this all together with a new baby!

I'm taking baby steps 🤣

I think I am going a different route for the light being hung or mounted.  I ended up going with the Reefbreeder 42 photon LED v2.  I have had a lot of luck with these lights and Logan has always been helpful over the 7 years I've used them.  

I think we are going to do the industrial piping to hang the LED.  We are also considering having a custom patchwork welded LED casing made to mount the LED inside.  I have a sketch drawn up and a welder reefer that I know that should be able to make it no issues.  It will have vents up top and hopefully a way to lower and raise the assembly if needed.

• Like 1

IMG_20201103_082702700_compress89.thumb.jpg.814071a5b09886d6300eaad1a73f27b9.jpg

Here is my first hammer pinwheel after 48 hours or so.  I used the orange baby wall hammer elevated in the center.  24k up front, splatter hammer back left and the gold tip top right. 

I didn't want to over crowd the wheel...so I will be doing a second wheel as well.  This one will have the purple tip, the baby blue and the purple hammer.  When I get the peach octospawn I will do one of those as well.  So in the end when this baby step (get it) build is done and ready we will have three euphyllia centerpieces for the new system!

• Like 3