Jump to content
LOWRY_PT

anyone else into astrophotography?

Recommended Posts

you know reef keeping isnt quite expensive or time consuming enough I have an astro hobby too.  anyone else????


Dawn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I 100% would be if my wife hadn't told me I have enough expensive hobbies already...lol

Always wanted a tracking telescope (slightly so I can do my own programming with it) but never been able to convince myself to spend the money on a good one. Do you have some photos to share??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i most certainly do. I love love love the hobby.  Here's a couple recent ones 

20200101 6 hours of data m42 not pink.jpg

20200114 NGC2244 Rosette SHO 4.5h ASI1600Orbit.jpg

20200323 Cent A  2h48m shared data with terry bortle 2.jpg

20200402 M101 183 cassie native 9 hours.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just started buying some equipment for astrophotography.  Those are some great pictures.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 10:26 PM, LOWRY_PT said:

i most certainly do. I love love love the hobby.  Here's a couple recent ones 

20200101 6 hours of data m42 not pink.jpg

20200114 NGC2244 Rosette SHO 4.5h ASI1600Orbit.jpg

20200323 Cent A  2h48m shared data with terry bortle 2.jpg

20200402 M101 183 cassie native 9 hours.jpg

Awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you GUYS/GALS.. I am happy to talk geek on this whenever. I love ASTRO

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW! very nice. We do have a small telescope but have never seen anything like that with it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2020 at 9:24 AM, MrsBugmaster said:

WOW! very nice. We do have a small telescope but have never seen anything like that with it!!

THANK YOU~~~yes this is with MANY HOURS of images combined.  like 10-12 for most.  Then several hours of processing them. Our brains wont allow us to see because it "clicks the shutter too fast for us ( even if we hold the eyes open). LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LOWRY_PT these images are great. I would like to know what equipment you are using for these images. I have a start on equipment, but it is nice to be able to talk with someone who is successful at astrophotography. Are you using a dlsr (modified)  or a dedicated astrophotography camera like the zwo's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2020 at 7:10 PM, SilentNight1793 said:

@LOWRY_PT these images are great. I would like to know what equipment you are using for these images. I have a start on equipment, but it is nice to be able to talk with someone who is successful at astrophotography. Are you using a dlsr (modified)  or a dedicated astrophotography camera like the zwo's?

Thank you very much, I actually using A couple different scopes, and They vary in length from Over thousand  to just 250 mm,

I was starting out with a camera That was modified but I quickly moved to a mono camera And I have several ZWO brand cams and I also have 1 QHY that I love.

I do have a color camera But the mono work so much better because of the light pollution.My phone numbers 317-430-1010

You are welcome to call me and we can talk geek anytime you wantAnd you're also welcome to come by and I can help you or you can just watch us image one night or whatever...  ITS expensive  just fyi  LOL


Dawn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...