Tank room, I mean living room

I am installing a new tank in our living room. I needed to remodel it before I pick up the new tank from Jeremy. I could not find my shop lights. Oh yeah not a problem, 2 x 400w MH who needs a shop light anyways. The tank is going where the plumbing is sticking up through the floor.  Take care, Mike

IMG_20200511_185255761_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 9:07 AM, PetesFolly said:

Very nice!  Looking forward to seeing the progress!  Love the color of stain you chose.

Thanks Pete's that stain is called worn navy. It was a leap of faith, I like how it turned out. I planned to paint it if the stain didn't work. Take care

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/31/2020 at 7:35 PM, reefnfun said:

Thanks Pete's that stain is called worn navy. It was a leap of faith, I like how it turned out. I planned to paint it if the stain didn't work. Take care

IMG_20200612_132057957.thumb.jpg.fc1063349f6cbc3fa6623c43c036d294.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got the tank up and running. So far all is good, no floods. What do you all think? Thanks Pete I appreciate it. I am happy with how it turned out. So far everything is doing what it is supposed to. I'll let it run a couple more days and if everything is good I'll add the salt. 

I have a question. I tested with fresh RO water for a week. The system is running perfectly. I added the salt Last night. All of my rock was dry. How long do I have to wait to introduce live rock? Things have changed since I did this before. What is the best way live rock or pods from algae barn? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

IMG_20200627_073155742_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg