• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
MrsBugmaster

Apex DOS help

This may be a dumb question but I am new to the whole apex thing so, here it goes. So I very recently got an apex controller on my 180 with just the basic things hooked up to it now. Now I am adding a DOS for auto water changes. I know I plug one end of the cable into the UBS port on the DOS, but where to I plug the other end into? On the base unit or the EB8 power bar? There are USB ports on both so I am not sure.

Thanks

I’m interested to see how you like this setup. I’ve been looking into getting an apex as well with the trident and dos but I am slightly intimidated by all the features and setup 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tanknovice said:

Amanda

Use powerbar usb port

Thanks Mike!

Hope you figured it out, but wanted to mention that you can daisy chain all the aquabus „usb“ cables. Once you put one from rather base to the eb823 you can add one from the eb823 to the DOS. If you have some other components you can use the additional port on the DOS to add to the system and so on. 

Did you use the wizard to Setup AWC? I had some issues in the beginning put was able to figure it out.....

On 5/8/2020 at 6:07 PM, chac317 said:

I’m interested to see how you like this setup. I’ve been looking into getting an apex as well with the trident and dos but I am slightly intimidated by all the features and setup 

I like it! You need to invest some time in learning to program it to set it up. However there are a lot of great resources out there. A series of great articles by SunCrestReef on R2R is a really great resource to do more then just the bare bone minimum in my opinion and help me greatly! 

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-1.685/

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jeto2004 said:

Hope you figured it out, but wanted to mention that you can daisy chain all the aquabus „usb“ cables. Once you put one from rather base to the eb823 you can add one from the eb823 to the DOS. If you have some other components you can use the additional port on the DOS to add to the system and so on. 

Did you use the wizard to Setup AWC? I had some issues in the beginning put was able to figure it out.....

I have not gotten it set up yet. I broke my foot and can't get around very well right now. So it is on hold for a month. 🙁

On 5/13/2020 at 8:44 AM, MrsBugmaster said:

I have not gotten it set up yet. I broke my foot and can't get around very well right now. So it is on hold for a month. 🙁

Bummer! Hope it will heal quickly!

2 hours ago, Jeto2004 said:

Bummer! Hope it will heal quickly!

Thanks.