November 2019 "Pay-it-Forward" INDMAS Meeting AND Skype with Larry from LRS

Hi all.  The fall season is kicking off, hope everyone is enjoying their fall weather (finally!), football, and pumpkin flavored everything.  We wanted to get this months meeting posted to give everyone time to dig through their closets and attics for any used equipment that you may not be using. 

November’s meeting will be a “Pay it Forward” meeting where we are asking people to bring their misc items that they would be willing to donate to other members to fill those gaps others may have to get that last piece needed for a new setup, QT tank, sump, etc.   Everyone is welcome to attend the meeting but only PAID MEMBERS will be eligible to choose items.    Feel free to ask any questions you may have. We had a great turn out last year for this. We have lots of new members and hope to have a great turn out. 

We will also be hosting a Skype meeting with Larry DuPont from LRS (Larry's Reef Services, maker of LRS frozen food).   He will be discussing food and nutrition with us.  This is definitely a don't miss meeting!!

We also have 10 packs of LRS foods to give away as door prizes!!

Quick note on courtesy:  We will be limiting any person to 2 items until everyone has had their choice.  Please don’t be the person who takes good will freebies and goes and sells them.   Don’t think that needed to be said for anyone I know in the club but there is sometimes that one person. 

When:    Nov 9th 4:00-6:00 PM

Where:   Luis's house in Lebanon (Gonzo620)

1727 Jaques Dr Lebanon IN 46052

• Like 2

Door prize #1 You could win will be this mini colony of ORA Mint Pavina. 
A2924060-08BE-42D5-9064-748B9AE03509.thumb.jpeg.3ecc525cfb59d3370668604d3eee11ef.jpeg
Door prize #2 will be one of the Rock Flower Anemones born during my November meeting last year. 
947391BB-8DF3-4E40-98DC-EE866151E035.thumb.jpeg.403bef5e35b9cd2b198492b54cf845c7.jpeg

Hope everyone that wants come will be able to make it. 

• Like 3

That's awful cool of ya Luis!!  Thanks sir...hoping we can make it but have an event in Muncie earlier that day.  This is another one of those must attend meetings club!  LRS Skype plus the pay it forward event...you just might find that Missing link to your current or future reef 😜

On 10/25/2019 at 3:33 AM, SilentNight1793 said:

Hi all.  The fall season is kicking off, hope everyone is enjoying their fall weather (finally!), football, and pumpkin flavored everything.  We wanted to get this months meeting posted to give everyone time to dig through their closets and attics for any used equipment that you may not be using. 

November’s meeting will be a “Pay it Forward” meeting where we are asking people to bring their misc items that they would be willing to donate to other members to fill those gaps others may have to get that last piece needed for a new setup, QT tank, sump, etc.   Everyone is welcome to attend the meeting but only PAID MEMBERS will be eligible to choose items.    Feel free to ask any questions you may have. We had a great turn out last year for this. We have lots of new members and hope to have a great turn out. 

We will also be hosting a Skype meeting with Larry DuPont from LRS (Larry's Reef Services, maker of LRS frozen food).   He will be discussing food and nutrition with us.  This is definitely a don't miss meeting!!

Quick note on courtesy:  We will be limiting any person to 2 items until everyone has had their choice.  Please don’t be the person who takes good will freebies and goes and sells them.   Don’t think that needed to be said for anyone I know in the club but there is sometimes that one person. 

When:    Nov 9th 4:00-6:00 PM

Where:   Luis's house in Lebanon (Gonzo620)

1727 Jaques Dr Lebanon IN 46052

Damnit man... going to be in Canada for work. Was really looking forward to this 😕

This will be a great opportunity to learn a lot with the video call, as well as having a chance to get some great door prizes, and maybe pick up something for the tank that you have been needing that someone else may have had laying around. I know I have a few things to go through this week to bring Saturday. Who else is planning to attend?

Who else is coming?  Great door prizes...great speaker...and some great pay it forward equipment.  This can not be successful without a great attendance as well.  Check your schedules, and call your in laws and tell them you had a flat tire...and then drive to Lebanon for Luis's and his wife's awesome ham sandwiches and rock nems!!!!!

• Like 3

Marcia and I will be there!  Looking "forward" to it!  :rednkfish:  

Luis has a great tank set up, so if you have not seen it before you are really missing out!  Even if you have seen it, I am sure there will be new additions worth checking out.  i will be rummaging through all of my tank build items to see what I am ready to get rid of.

Hope everyone made it home safe and that the fish are loving the new foods.   Below are a couple articles that Tami Weiss (who Skyped with us about seahorses a couple years ago) wrote about food and staying frozen.   Her site is not up anymore so it’s from the archive but should work.   

https://web.archive.org/web/20160909225950/http://fusedjaw.com/food-and-nutrition/frozen-mysis-part-1-the-quest-for-quality-mysis/

https://web.archive.org/web/20161113044512/http://fusedjaw.com/food-and-nutrition/frozen-mysis-part-2-the-science-behind-the-food/

• Like 1