Looking for advice on my stock list

Take a look at my mock-up stock list and tell me what you think. You won’t hurt my feelings, I’m on the fence about some of these:

50 gallon lowboy mixed reef:

2 blue stripe pipefish (adding 1st)

3 benggai cardinals (adding 2nd)

2 clowns (adding last)

40 gallon display refugium under the 50 gallon:

2 radial filefish (adding first)

1 canary blenny (adding 2nd)

1 blue mandarin (adding with canary blenny)

160 gallon anemone tank 

1 male pj cardinals +as many females as the store has when I get the male (if I can tell them apart) - adding first

1 yellow watchmen goby (adding 2nd)

1 randall’s Assessor (also adding 2nd)

1 royal gramma (also adding 2nd)

4 clowns (adding 3rd)

1 yellow tang (adding last)

1 blue hippo tang (adding with the yellow tang) 🥴

75 gallon display refugium under the 160:

2 azure damsels 

I’m also interested in in a yellow assessor and red scooter blenny. I’ll have one more tank to stock (size undecided yet, but probably 50-80 gallons) + a 40 gallon display refugium 

My QT tank is 30 gallons, and I hope to QT each group at least a month. I’m hoping the tank is big enough to not stress these groups out. 

Also, I’m only stocking captive-bred/aquacultured fish. 

You up may be asking, why the azure damsels in the 75? I’ve been thoroughly convinced that the Gosport Aquarium can really use a mantis shrimp 🙃 so it’ll go in there. If it snatches the damsels, it’s ok. If it doesn’t, that’s ok too. 

As always, the more info, the better!  

Looks like a good stocking list as far as my opinion goes. I absolutely love the assessors, their swimming patterns are strikingly hypnotic to me. Just watching them swim upside down, yet still with perfect precision is really cool.

I would reconsider the canary blenny being in a tank that hands can find their way into though. They're known to have a venomous bite and could cause some issues if anyone gets their fingers in the way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ryansweet said:

I would reconsider the canary blenny being in a tank that hands can find their way into though. They're known to have a venomous bite and could cause some issues if anyone gets their fingers in the way.

That tank will have hidden access doors on it, so only my hands will go in it :) 

• Like 1